Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers compare zip files from a local to remote server Post 302586945 by Just Ice on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 06:11:33 PM
Old 01-03-2012
quickest way to compare files, regardless of location, is to do "ls -l" and/or "sum" on them and looking at the output ... if the output is exactly the same, it is very probable that they are the same ...

if still unsure,

i suggest you test item 1 yourself by creating 3 zip files -- 2 of which are exact copies (i.e., cp -p 1.zip 2.zip) and 1 different -- and checking output from diff and cmp ...

good luck!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to uncompress zip files in a remote server from a script

Hi UNIX gurus, the scenario is that i have written a script which takes as input a directory structure. And after that a tar is made ,then zipped and FTP it to a server.But how do i uncompress it from my script as FTP doesnot support any uncompress command during FTP session. I have to automate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from a remote server to local system with cygwin

Hi. I'm sorry if I get on people's nerves asking this, but I don't really understand how to do this and unfortunately don't have the time to work through it step by step in books, etc. At University, we have a unix server that hosts our files. we each have a login and password to access it. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compare local & remote Files over ssh?

I want to make a script to compare list of files in terms of its size on local & remote server whose names are same & this is required over ssh. How can I accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files from remote server to local?

Hi experts, I 'm newbie to unix world, now I have task to copy the latest files from remote server to my local. I believe this must be very common request in this community. I want you do it one more time for me please. My requirement is something like this: I receive files in the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)