Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Secure & Audit logs
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Secure & Audit logs Post 302586932 by verdepollo on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 04:49:42 PM
Old 01-03-2012
What do you mean by "reload logs"?

Usually logrotate policies are triggered with crond.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Security & audit

I am new to the world of Unix. As part of my understanding to have a big picture of Unix, I need to understand: 1. How to review the existing unix system or audit for the settings? 2. How do I go about fixing the holes? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amundra
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Secure FTP Client that Logs well

Folks I am on a quest.... I am looking for a lightweight FTP client capable of FTPS and or SFTP that has good audit and logging capabilities without requiring a central server component. My platforms are Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Windows Server. The kicker is I have found things that meet the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArtF
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to find whether audit log is secure?

How do i find if audit logs is secured inside Solaris 10? · Verify that that audit log files are secured and owned appropriately. this is the question (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: werbotim
1 Replies

4. AIX

When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ?

Dear All When I start the AIX(6100-06)audit subsystem. the log will save in /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail), but in default when /audit/stream.out to grow up to 150MB. It will replace the original /audit/stream.out (or /audit/trail). Then the /audit/stream.out become empty and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to view audit logs in Solaris?

Does anyone know if there is software written to view the audit logs generated by Solaris? I am referring the the logs created by auditd. It produces an unreadable log. I am familiar with auditreduce and praudit, but I am looking for something that produces a report, much like logwatch looks at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring 'auditd' service to not store the audit logs in /var partition

Hello all, I've configured 'audit' service to send the audit logs to a remote log server (by using syslog plugin), which is working fine. However, there is a problem. audit service also tries to write same information (but in binary format) in /var/audit path. So, Is there anyway to stop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Comprehensive Disk & Server Logs.

Hello All, I'm using a RHEL6.4 on IBM X3850 X5 server. I want to get a comprehensive report containing disk-wise health status as well as overall server status. I see there's utility "ibm_utl_dsa_dsytd3h-9.51_portable_rhel6_x86-64.bin" which is also used to do diagnostics tasks. I'm not sure of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How can i enable audit logs for global zone and standard zones?

HI Community, how can i configure audit logs for global zones and standard zone. i have enabled and started auditd service and it went to maintenance mode. please help me to configure that Thanks & Regards, BEn (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep a pattern & Email from latest logs

MyLOG: 2017/11/12 17:01:54.600 : Error: LPID: 3104680848 WRONG CRITERIA FOUND. tRealBuilder::Generate Output Required: If Ke word "WRONG CRITERIA FOUND" in latest log ( logs are regularly generating - real time) mail to us once mailed wait for 2 hours for second mail. mail subject... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Settings audit logs for different tasks. Help me!!!

Hi guys. I have to set audit logs on certain events on a solaris 10 server. While I had no problems on linux, I'm going crazy to do the same thing on solaris 10, since I don't have enough expertise on this OS . I should be able to identify these 4 different events: 1: Tracking all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: menofmayhem
2 Replies
GETBUILDLOG(1)                                                General Commands Manual                                               GETBUILDLOG(1)

NAME
getbuildlog - download build logs from Debian auto-builders SYNOPSIS
getbuildlog package [version-pattern] [architecture-pattern] DESCRIPTION
getbuildlog downloads build logs of package from Debian auto-builders. It downloads build logs of all versions and for all architectures if version-pattern and architecture-pattern are not specified or empty, otherwise only build logs whose versions match version-pattern and build logs whose architectures match architecture-pattern will be downloaded. The version and architecture patterns are interpreted as extended regular expressions as described in grep(1). If version-pattern is "last" then only the logs for the most recent version of package found on buildd.debian.org will be downloaded. If version-pattern is "last-all" then the logs for the most recent version found on each build log index will be downloaded. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information and examples. -V, --version Show version and copyright information. EXAMPLES
getbuildlog hello 2.2-1 amd64 Download amd64 build log for hello version 2.2-1. getbuildlog glibc "" mips.* Download mips(el) build logs of all glibc versions. getbuildlog wesnoth .*bpo.* Download all build logs of backported wesnoth versions. AUTHOR
Written by Frank S. Thomas <fst@debian.org>. DEBIAN Debian Utilities GETBUILDLOG(1)