Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Consultant needed to Convert SCO-Unix to a VM Post 302586815 by adoII on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 10:12:23 AM
Old 01-03-2012
Hmm,

I cannot see the exact version because the machine is at a customers site. I also dont want to install anything on it.

To the best of my knowledge it is a SCO Unixware and a Version of 5.0.something

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

sco unix and xp boot loader needed?

hi, i m a newbie and installed sco unix on my machine. Also i installed win-xp. i tried to modify the boot.ini file but it does not give me a choice in the begining. please guide me on this. do we get a boot loader for unix like LILO or GRUB? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 187final
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hand needed about FTP service on SCO UNIX

Hi all. I'm pretty new to this forum,hope a good time here. issue is that I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.5 installed on the virtual machine VMware. Configured the NIC and assigned 192.168.18.254 as it's IP,and the host OS windows XP 's IP is 192.168.18.8 ,both of them can PING each other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blf0
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

roles and responsibilites in unix shell scripting as a production support consultant

what are the roles and responsibilites in unix shell scripting as a production support consultant in oracle database (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to convert delimited to CSV format

I have a file with the data as follows.. FILE 1|#START|Jan 22 15:03 FILE 1|#END|Jan 22 16:06 FILE 2|#START|Jan 22 5:15 FILE 2|#END|Jan 22 5:25 FILE 3|#START|Jan 22 07:03 FILE 3|#END|Jan 22 08:15 FILE 4|#START|Jan 22 16:09 FILE 4|#END|Jan 22 16:55 FILE 1|#START|Jan 22 18:15 FILE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 Media needed

Hi, can anyone provide me the sources for sco 5.0.6 as iso? Thanks! (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: VoidCeroOne
26 Replies

6. SCO

Sco 5.0.6 installer needed

Hi I m sorry but to post this again. Does anyone have installer of sco 5.0.6 and instruction to reinstall the current system? This is urgent so Any help is appreciated. Thousand thanks (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
25 Replies

7. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 Media Needed

Greetings, I've recently been given responsibility for a legacy server running SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 and upon taking inventory I discovered we have all the license documents but no installation media. Can anyone assist me with where I might download these? Thanks Kevin (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Harris
9 Replies

8. SCO

Sco media needed for openserver 5.0.6

Hello, i need if possible media for sco openserver 5.0.6 and also want to know if is possible to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.6. Best regards, Paolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elnino981
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 media needed

My media disk is unusable. Can someone provide me an ISO for Openserver 5.0.6? Thank you. Brantley Allen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brantleyallen
2 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls every executable /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release, or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls every executable /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns with 0, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 208 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)