Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX HACMP with VIO, service IP failover Post 302586806 by funksen on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 09:46:41 AM
Old 01-03-2012
well hacmp switches ips from one adapter to another (see the cspoc option swap adapter to trigger this manually)

when you just use one etherchannel then hacmp complains about the missing second boot interface. but I don't care, that's the way my clusters are configured

in Power ha 7 boot ips can be in the same subnet as service/persistent ips and you just need one

but afaik netmon.cf is the way you configure the ip failover. first the adapter swaps, then the whole resource group

how did you simulate the interface down? hacmp will not react to ifconfig xxx down, at least in hacmp 5.4/5.5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hacmp service ip

Hi, I have two resource grps in hacmp 5.2 cluster.One is cascading and other is concurrent. I have apply one svc_ip to cascading rg but not able to apply any svc ip with node bound option for concurrent rg. Can any one guide me with the step to apply svc ip . thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_53
0 Replies

2. AIX

Can anyone shed some light on this HACMP failover?

Hello All, Here is a snipet from our cluster.log, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what may have caused the failover. The first two lines indicate a possible memory issue which I am currently looking into. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wez
0 Replies

3. AIX

failover on 4.5 hacmp

Hi All, How do I trigger the failover on the second hacmp server? Please give me idea and I will do the rest. Thanks, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. AIX

hacmp ip load balancer failover

Hi All, How do I failover on the ip load balancer (back and forth)? It involves first to load a new config on the passive ip. If success, load the new config on the ip active (which is now passive). Any idea, please. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. AIX

POWER6 VIO Failover

Hello, Can someone point to me document or the method to make failover for VIO Servers ? I have one VIO_Server1 which has 4 AIX LPARS - From the VIO_SERVER1 I have assigned virtual SCSI DISK to the four LPARS - For Ethernet I have used LHEA So, if my VIO Server1 crashes all the LPARS... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
17 Replies

6. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP: set preferred adapter for service ip

Hi, lets say we have two boot interfaces en0 en1 and two resource groups, with two service ips, sip1 and sip2, one persistent ip pers1 both persistend and service ips are applied as ip-alias when I start the cluster, and bring the resource groups up, it looks like en0: sip1 and sip2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

9. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

10. AIX

To stop ftp service on VIO

Hi all, How can I close ftp port 21 on VIO server. Best regards, ---------- Post updated at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:45 AM ---------- I resoved with switch to OS mode. $ oem_setup_env (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
0 Replies
atmifmp(8)						      System Manager's Manual							atmifmp(8)

NAME
atmifmp - Configures the ATM subsystem for switching IP traffic only SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/atmifmp command arguments Arguments can appear in any order after the command. All required arguments must be specified. OPTIONS
This section is organized by the tasks you can perform with the atmifmp command. Each task subsection provides the atmifmp command syntax and the options to use to complete the tasks. Enabling IP Switching Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp attach ips=num driver=name [snapvci=vci] [rxmin=vci] [rxmax=vci] [txmin=vci] [txmax=vci] Creates a point-to-point, multicast-capable virtual interface on a driver as specified in the next two arguments. If the virtual interface already exists but is not currently attached (because it was previously attached and detached), the command creates an association between the virtual interface and the specified driver. The attach command also configures the Virtual Circuit Identifier (VCI) ranges available to the IP switching module (VPI 0 is assumed). VCs used by the IP switching module are unidirectional. After the ips interface is attached, you must configure the interface using the ifconfig(8) command, specifying the source address of the host and destination address of the IP switch or another host associated with the point-to-point interface. Specifies the ips interface number to create. Specifies the ATM driver associated with the virtual interface. Specifies the VCI number that Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol (IFMP) uses as the default SNAP VCI. The default VCI is 15. This number must match the VCI number used by IFMP on the destination host or switch associated with the point-to-point interface. Specifies the smallest VCI number that can be used for receiving IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's minimum VCI value. Specifies the largest VCI num- ber that can be used for receiving IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's maximum VCI value. Specifies the small- est VCI number that can be used for transmitting IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's minimum VCI value. Speci- fies the largest VCI number that can be used for transmitting IP switching traffic. The default value is the driver's maximum VCI value. Disabling IP Switching Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp detach ips=num Disassociates the virtual interface, ipsnum, from the driver to which it was previously attached. Prior to detaching the interface, you must delete the ips interface's address and bring down the the ips interface using the ifconfig(8) command. Specifies the ips interface. Displaying IP Switching Configuration Syntax: atmifmp showips [ips=num] Displays the state of all ips interfaces, unless an interface is specified by the next argument. Information displayed includes the inter- face attachment state, the driver to which the interface is attached, the default SNAP VC, the interface and driver receive/transmit/mini- mum/maximum VC ranges, and IFMP and Flow configuration information. Specifies the ips interface. Displaying or Clearing IP Switching Statistics Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp stats [ips=num] [clear] Displays the flow and IFMP statistics for all ips interfaces, unless an interface is specified by the next argument. Specifies the ips interface. Zeros the flow and IFMP statistics for all ips interfaces, unless an interface is specified. Statistics are displayed after they are cleared. Displaying IP Switching Flow Information Syntax: /usr/sbin/atmifmp flows [ips=num] [long] Displays flows created by the IP switching module on all interfaces, unless an interface is specified by the next argument. Information displayed for each flow includes the Flow ID, the transmit or receive VC associated with the Flow, the Flow Type, the number of packets sent or received, and VC aging information. Specifies the ips interface. Displays additional information about each flow, such as the information encoded in the Flow ID. DESCRIPTION
The atmifmp command enables and disables IP switching on a Tru64 UNIX end system that has an attached ATMworks ATM adapter. The IP switch- ing architecture is based on the Ipsilon Networks, Inc. reference model, and enables you to configure the Tru64 UNIX ATM subsystem to sup- port only IP traffic over an ATM network. The IFMP protocol associates an ATM virtual circuit with an IP data flow. RESTRICTIONS
If an ips interface is attached to a specific ATM adapter on your system, you cannot use that adapter to run ATM Forum protocols (UNI sig- naling, Classical IP, or Local Area Network Emulation (LANE)). Multiple adapters are required. SEE ALSO
Commands: atmconfig(8) Files: atm.conf(4) RFC 1953, Ipsilon Flow Management Protocol Specification for IPv4 V 1.0 RFC 1954, Transmission of Flow Labeled IPv4 on ATM Data Links, Ipsilon Version 1.0 atmifmp(8)