Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed files in a Directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed files in a Directory Post 302586654 by siva shankar on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 01:37:31 AM
Old 01-03-2012
Try this...
Code:
find /Users/username/Desktop/convert/ -name "Object.obj" -type f -exec sh -c '\
sed "s!\o primary*!g primary!" {} | sed "s!\o secondary*!g secondary!" > `dirname {}`/Object2.obj; \
rm -rf {} \
' \;

Last edited by siva shankar; 01-03-2012 at 04:51 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to siva shankar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SED for all index.jsp files across a directory structure.

Hi, I am a novice and require help once again. I have a over 200 file all called index.jsp placed in different directories The following Sed command gives me the data of all included jsp files in index.jsp sed -n -e 's/^.*page="\(*\).*$/\1/p' index.jsp How can I run the above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkdutta
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which removes files from the first directory if there is a file in the second directory

Script must removes files from the first directory if there is a file with same name in the second directory Script passed to the two directories, it lies with them in one directory: sh script_name dir1 dir2 This is my version, but it does not work :wall: set - $2/* for i do set -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SLAMUL
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to set owner and permission for files/directory in directory in this case?

Hi. My example: I have a filesystem /log. Everyday, log files are copied to /log. I'd like to set owner and permission for files and directories in /log like that chown -R log_adm /log/* chmod -R 544 /log/*It's OK, but just at that time. When a new log file or new directory is created in /log,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
Object::Deadly::_unsafe(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Object::Deadly::_unsafe(3)

NAME
Object::Deadly::_unsafe - Implementation for the deadly object METHODS
"$obj->DESTROY" The DESTROY method doesn't die. This is defined so it won't be AUTOLOADed or fetched from UNIVERSAL. "$obj->isa" "$obj->can" "$obj->version" "$obj->DOES" "$obj->import" "$obj->require" "$obj->use" "$obj->blessed" "$obj->dump" "$obj->peek" "$obj->refaddr" "$obj->exports" "$obj->moniker" "$obj->plural_moniker" "$obj->which" "$obj->AUTOLOAD" Each of AUTOLOAD, a named list of known UNIVERSAL functions and then a query for everything currently known are all implemented with "Object::Deadly->get_death" to prevent anything from sneaking through to a successful call against something in UNIVERSAL. That list of functions are what core perl uses plus a bunch from CPAN modules including UNIVERSAL, UNIVERSAL::require, UNIVERSAL::dump, UNIVERSAL::exports, UNIVERSAL::moniker, UNIVERSAL::which. That's just the list as it exists today. If someone else creates a new one and you load it, be sure to do it *prior* to loading this module so I can have at least a chance at noticing anything it's loaded. SEE ALSO
Object::Deadly, Object::Deadly::_safe perl v5.16.3 2006-09-25 Object::Deadly::_unsafe(3)