Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed files in a Directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed files in a Directory Post 302586654 by siva shankar on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 01:37:31 AM
Old 01-03-2012
Try this...
Code:
find /Users/username/Desktop/convert/ -name "Object.obj" -type f -exec sh -c '\
sed "s!\o primary*!g primary!" {} | sed "s!\o secondary*!g secondary!" > `dirname {}`/Object2.obj; \
rm -rf {} \
' \;

Last edited by siva shankar; 01-03-2012 at 04:51 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to siva shankar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SED for all index.jsp files across a directory structure.

Hi, I am a novice and require help once again. I have a over 200 file all called index.jsp placed in different directories The following Sed command gives me the data of all included jsp files in index.jsp sed -n -e 's/^.*page="\(*\).*$/\1/p' index.jsp How can I run the above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkdutta
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which removes files from the first directory if there is a file in the second directory

Script must removes files from the first directory if there is a file with same name in the second directory Script passed to the two directories, it lies with them in one directory: sh script_name dir1 dir2 This is my version, but it does not work :wall: set - $2/* for i do set -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SLAMUL
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to set owner and permission for files/directory in directory in this case?

Hi. My example: I have a filesystem /log. Everyday, log files are copied to /log. I'd like to set owner and permission for files and directories in /log like that chown -R log_adm /log/* chmod -R 544 /log/*It's OK, but just at that time. When a new log file or new directory is created in /log,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
User::Identity::Collection::Users(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    User::Identity::Collection::Users(3pm)

NAME
User::Identity::Collection::Users - a collection of users INHERITANCE
User::Identity::Collection::Users is a User::Identity::Collection is a User::Identity::Item SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The User::Identity::Collection::Users object maintains a set User::Identity objects, each describing a user. OVERLOADED
overload: @{} See "OVERLOADED" in User::Identity::Collection overload: stringification See "OVERLOADED" in User::Identity::Collection METHODS
Constructors User::Identity::Collection::Users->new([NAME], OPTIONS) Option --Defined in --Default description User::Identity::Item undef item_type User::Identity::Collection User::Identity name User::Identity::Item 'people' parent User::Identity::Item undef roles User::Identity::Collection undef . description => STRING . item_type => CLASS . name => STRING . parent => OBJECT . roles => ROLE|ARRAY Attributes $obj->description See "Attributes" in User::Identity::Item $obj->itemType See "Attributes" in User::Identity::Collection $obj->name([NEWNAME]) See "Attributes" in User::Identity::Item $obj->roles See "Attributes" in User::Identity::Collection Collections $obj->add(COLLECTION, ROLE) See "Collections" in User::Identity::Item $obj->addCollection(OBJECT | ([TYPE], OPTIONS)) See "Collections" in User::Identity::Item $obj->collection(NAME) See "Collections" in User::Identity::Item $obj->parent([PARENT]) See "Collections" in User::Identity::Item $obj->removeCollection(OBJECT|NAME) See "Collections" in User::Identity::Item $obj->type User::Identity::Collection::Users->type See "Collections" in User::Identity::Item $obj->user See "Collections" in User::Identity::Item Maintaining roles $obj->addRole(ROLE| ( [NAME],OPTIONS ) | ARRAY-OF-OPTIONS) See "Maintaining roles" in User::Identity::Collection $obj->removeRole(ROLE|NAME) See "Maintaining roles" in User::Identity::Collection $obj->renameRole(ROLE|OLDNAME, NEWNAME) See "Maintaining roles" in User::Identity::Collection $obj->sorted See "Maintaining roles" in User::Identity::Collection Searching $obj->find(NAME|CODE|undef) See "Searching" in User::Identity::Collection DIAGNOSTICS
Error: $object is not a collection. The first argument is an object, but not of a class which extends User::Identity::Collection. Error: Cannot create a $type to add this to my collection. Some options are specified to create a $type object, which is native to this collection. However, for some reason this failed. Error: Cannot load collection module for $type ($class). Either the specified $type does not exist, or that module named $class returns compilation errors. If the type as specified in the warning is not the name of a package, you specified a nickname which was not defined. Maybe you forgot the 'require' the package which defines the nickname. Error: Cannot rename $name into $newname: already exists Error: Cannot rename $name into $newname: doesn't exist Error: Creation of a collection via $class failed. The $class did compile, but it was not possible to create an object of that class using the options you specified. Error: Don't know what type of collection you want to add. If you add a collection, it must either by a collection object or a list of options which can be used to create a collection object. In the latter case, the type of collection must be specified. Warning: No collection $name The collection with $name does not exist and can not be created. Error: Wrong type of role for $collection: requires a $expect but got a $type Each $collection groups sets of roles of one specific type ($expect). You cannot add objects of a different $type. SEE ALSO
This module is part of User-Identity distribution version 0.93, built on December 24, 2009. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/userid/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2003,2004,2007-2009 by Mark Overmeer <perl@overmeer.net>. For other contributors see Changes. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.10.1 2009-12-24 User::Identity::Collection::Users(3pm)