Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread Dump
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Thread Dump Post 302586627 by ram5019 on Monday 2nd of January 2012 10:47:53 PM
Old 01-02-2012
Java Thread dump

its getting stored in following file.
/opt/test/logs/Catiline.log.

Code:
"main" prio=5 tid=0x00000000500444f0 nid=6443 runnable 
"VM Thread" prio=5 tid=0x00000000500cabd0 nid=6449 runnable 

"VM Periodic Task Thread" prio=5 tid=0x00000000500d9890 nid=6473 waiting on condition 
"Suspend Checker Thread" prio=5 tid=0x00000000500d2e20 nid=6467 runnable

Last edited by fpmurphy; 01-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: added code tags

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

3. Programming

Thread prog (core dump)

Could any one please suggest me how to solve this...... when I compiled the program and tried to execute it as follows, it works fine under different inputs like: ./main -r 300 -w 3 -s 100 ./main -r 600 -w 3 -s 1000 ./main -r 10 -w 3 -s 100 But it fails when I tired to give the input as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumars
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Thread Dump not working

Hello, I'm running a kill -QUIT on few process IDs (OS: Solaris) but the Thread Dump is empty. Can you please help me get it back on? Since I'm quite new to this, I'm not aware of the checks. Please let me know for the info required to debug this issue. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
3 Replies

5. Linux

Thread specific data from linux core dump

How do i get pointer to thread's local storage or thread specific data while analyzing core dump for linux ? i use pthread_setspecific to store some data in the pthread's local stoare. my multi threaded program on linux crashed, and i want to see what is stored in current running thread's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasungal
2 Replies
KILL(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4							KILL(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_kill - Terminates a specified PVM process. SYNOPSIS
C int info = pvm_kill( int tid ) Fortran call pvmfkill( tid, info ) PARAMETERS
tid Integer task identifier of the PVM process to be killed (not yourself). info Integer status code returned by the routine. Values less than zero indicate an error. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_kill sends a terminate (SIGTERM) signal to the PVM process identified by tid. In the case of multiprocessors the terminate signal is replaced with a host dependent method for killing a process. If pvm_kill is successful, info will be 0. If some error occurs then info will be < 0. pvm_kill is not designed to kill the calling process. To kill yourself in C call pvm_exit() followed by exit(). To kill yourself in For- tran call pvmfexit followed by stop. EXAMPLES
C: info = pvm_kill( tid ); Fortran: CALL PVMFKILL( TID, INFO ) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_kill PvmBadParam giving an invalid tid value. PvmSysErr pvmd not responding. SEE ALSO
pvm_exit(3PVM), pvm_halt(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 KILL(3PVM)