Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack Post 302586401 by fpmurphy on Sunday 1st of January 2012 06:39:34 PM
Old 01-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkoar
Hi,
Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by all processes in the kernel mode?
On Linux, every thread on your system has a corresponding kernel stack allocated in kernel memory. X86 Linux kernel stacks are generally 8192 bytes in size.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

User Frame & Stack

Can anybody tell me what a user frame & stack looks like on a sun, hp, powerpc system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Budnik
0 Replies

2. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to set stack for Oracle's user?

Hi all! I've got a problem. Primary: Sun Sparc V890, 64bit Standby: HP-Proliant ML 350, 64bit In the machine that I've got configured physical standby database, the alert_log_file point me one error: Sat Feb 28 00:40:08 2009 ORA-00202: control file:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
5 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Openserver Kernel and network stack

Hi everybody My SCO 5.0.2 OpenServer got its kernel corruptions and network stack was accicentially deleted. I would like to know if we have any chance to rebuild its kernel and network stack. Any help will be great thankfully appreciate TN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
1 Replies

5. Programming

which function copies data from user to kernel mode

when transitionaning from user to kernel mode which function copies data from user mode buffer to kernel mode? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View User Mode Call Stack of Hung Process

I have a multithreaded usermode program(actually a daemon) which is in hanged state. To debug it I tried attaching the process to gdb, but the gdb hangs. gstack also gets hanged. I peeped into the proc file system and saw the process to be in sleeping state. /proc/sysrq-trigger I guess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
GLPUSHNAME(3G)															    GLPUSHNAME(3G)

NAME
glPushName, glPopName - push and pop the name stack C SPECIFICATION
void glPushName( GLuint name ) PARAMETERS
name Specifies a name that will be pushed onto the name stack. C SPECIFICATION
void glPopName( void ) DESCRIPTION
The name stack is used during selection mode to allow sets of rendering commands to be uniquely identified. It consists of an ordered set of unsigned integers and is initially empty. glPushName causes name to be pushed onto the name stack. glPopName pops one name off the top of the stack. The maximum name stack depth is implementation-dependent; call GL_MAX_NAME_STACK_DEPTH to find out the value for a particular implementa- tion. It is an error to push a name onto a full stack, or to pop a name off an empty stack. It is also an error to manipulate the name stack between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. In any of these cases, the error flag is set and no other change is made to GL state. The name stack is always empty while the render mode is not GL_SELECT. Calls to glPushName or glPopName while the render mode is not GL_SELECT are ignored. ERRORS
GL_STACK_OVERFLOW is generated if glPushName is called while the name stack is full. GL_STACK_UNDERFLOW is generated if glPopName is called while the name stack is empty. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glPushName or glPopName is executed between a call to glBegin and the corresponding call to glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_NAME_STACK_DEPTH glGet with argument GL_MAX_NAME_STACK_DEPTH SEE ALSO
glInitNames, glLoadName, glRenderMode, glSelectBuffer GLPUSHNAME(3G)