Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands Post 302586387 by saqlain.bashir on Sunday 1st of January 2012 01:26:58 PM
Old 01-01-2012
thnk u all to help me in this regard.
all the ifoz are very usefull. thanks allot you all ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"nohup" and "&" commands

Why would anyone ever type in a command like this: nohup command & nohup lets you logout of your telnet session so why add "&" to run it in the background? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract delta records using with "comm" and "sort" commands combination

Hi All, I have 2 pipe delimited files viz., file_old and file_new. I'm trying to compare these 2 files, and extract all the different rows between them into a new_file. comm -3 < sort file_old < sort file_new > new_file I am getting the below error: -ksh: sort: cannot open But if I do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
geo(1rheolef)                                                       rheolef-6.1                                                      geo(1rheolef)

NAME
geo - plot a finite element mesh SYNOPSIS
geo options mesh[.geo[.gz]] DESCRIPTION
Plot or upgrade a finite element mesh. EXAMPLES
Plot a mesh: geo square.geo geo box.geo geo box.geo -full Plot a mesh into a file: geo square.geo -image-format png Convert from a old geo file format to the new one: geo -upgrade - < square-old.geo > square.geo See below for the geo file format scpecification. The old file format does not contains edges and faces connectivity in 3d geometries, or edges connectivity in 2d geometries. The converter add it automatically into the upgraded file format. Conversely, the old file format is usefull when combined with a translator from another file format that do not provides edges and faces connectivity. INPUT FILE SPECIFICATION
filename specifies the name of the file containing the input mesh. The ".geo" suffix extension is assumed. - read mesh on standard input instead on a file. -name when mesh comes from standard input, the mesh name is not known and is set to "output" by default. This option allows to change this default. Useful when dealing with output formats (graphic, format conversion) that creates auxilliary files, based on this name. -Idir -I dir Add dir to the rheolef file search path. This mechanism initializes a search path given by the environment variable `RHEOPATH'. If the environment variable `RHEOPATH' is not set, the default value is the current directory. -check Check that element orientation is positive. INPUT FORMAT OPTIONS
-if format -input-format format load mesh in format file format, instead of plotting it. Supported output formats are: geo, bamg, vtk. When loading from a file, the corresponding suffix extension is assumed. RENDER SPECIFICATION
-gnuplot use gnuplot tool. This is the default. -mayavi use mayavi tool. RENDER OPTIONS
-lattice -nolattice When using a high order geometry, the lattice inside any element appears. Default is on; -subdivide int When using a high order geometry, the number of points per edge used to draw a curved element. Default value is the mesh order. -full -nofull All internal edges appears, for 3d meshes. Default is off; -fill -nofill Fill mesh faces using light effects, when available. -stereo -[no]stereo Rendering mode suitable for red-blue anaglyph 3D stereoscopic glasses. Option only available with mayavi. -cut -nocut cut by plane and clip (with mayavi only). OUTPUT FILE FORMAT OPTIONS
-geo output mesh on standard output stream in geo text file format, instead of plotting it. -upgrade Convert from a old geo file format to the new one. -gmsh output mesh on standard output stream in gmsh text file format, instead of plotting it. -image-format string The argument is any valid image format, such as bitmap png, jpg, gif or vectorial ps or pdf image file formats, and that could be handled by the corresponding render. The output file is e.g. `@emph{basename'.png} when @emph{basename} is the name of the mesh, or can be set with the -name option. OTHERS OPTIONS
-add-boundary check for a domain named "boundary"; If this domain does not exists, extract the boundary of the geometry and append it to the domain list. This command is usefull for mesh converted from generators, as bamg, that cannot have more than one domain specifica- tion per boundary edge. -verbose print messages related to graphic files created and command system calls (this is the default). -noverbose does not print previous messages. -clean clear temporary graphic files (this is the default). -noclean does not clear temporary graphic files. -execute execute graphic command (this is the default). -noexecute does not execute graphic command. Generates only graphic files. This is usefull in conjuction with the "-noclean" command. -check -dump used for debug purpose. INQUIRE OPTIONS
-min-element-measure -max-element-measure print the smallest (resp. largest) element measure and then exit. GEO FILE FORMAT
TODO rheolef-6.1 rheolef-6.1 geo(1rheolef)