Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to clear history in ksh?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to clear history in ksh? Post 302586323 by lg123 on Saturday 31st of December 2011 07:57:22 PM
Old 12-31-2011
How to close the shell?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clear passwd history without ...

how do I clear passwd history of a user without compromising the audit trail for security? in a nutshell, user abc wants to re-use his passwd ( he is not savvy with computers ) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A Stewart
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to clear history

Hi... i have one doubt pls... 1)can we clear the command line history in UNIX for a paricular login(scadm/root)if so how?. 2) can we see the time at which command executed. history is showing like : 100 display 101 lock 102 exit (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gincemathew
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh history

Hi, What is the location of history for ksh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to clear command history

hi Any one can help me. I am using Sun_Solaris. The command history set to 100 at .cshrc. I am unable to clear the command histoy. In Linux it is very easy by giving command history -c I could not find any such type command to clear the history. Is there any such type of command for solaris.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH switches editin modes when cycling through history. Why?

Hello all, Working in KSH using Solaris, the default editor is VIM. So, per session, I run a small rc script which calls export editor=emacs This works for commands at the prompt. But if I cycle through command history (Using the up arrow) the command line editor defaults to VIM. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggmatters
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clear history logs of all terminal sessions

Hi, I would normally clear off the history entries from a terminal by using the following commands: > ~/.bash_history history -c But this will remove the entries of that particular session only. How to prune all the entries of all login sessions for a particular user in a system? N.B:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to clear history in Linux

Hello All, Good Morning. I am trying to erase history list in my linux box, but my below command is failing. What is the actual way to clear it? > history clear -bash: history: clear: numeric argument required Also when I run my commands in my command prompt, my team lead can see my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
7 Replies

8. Linux

clear in Linux ksh

Clear in Linux #!/usr/bin/ksh am using clear in the script, but it is not working, it gives an error as follows, 'xterm': unknown terminal type. please help out.:confused: ---------- Post updated at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:01 PM ---------- if then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear history in ksh

Hi Am using ksh shell I need to remove history of commands used.. I tried # rm .vi_history # touch .vi_history # chmod 600 .vi_history This didnt work.. I tried also # rm .sh_history # touch .sh_history # chmod 600 .sh_history (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to clear "history" command entries??

As in the title, how to clear the history entries? For eg: if i enter history, series of linux commands getting displayed from day 1. I need to clear those entries and want linux commands to be stored freshly. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
6 Replies
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3) 				      Tcl Library Procedures					   Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj - save command on history list before evaluating SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(interp, cmdPtr, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Tcl interpreter in which to evaluate command. Tcl_Obj *cmdPtr (in) Points to a Tcl object containing a command (or sequence of commands) to execute. int flags (in) An OR'ed combination of flag bits. TCL_NO_EVAL means record the command but do not evaluate it. TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL means evaluate the command at global level instead of the current stack level. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj is invoked to record a command as an event on the history list and then execute it using Tcl_EvalObjEx (or Tcl_Global- EvalObj if the TCL_EVAL_GLOBAL bit is set in flags). It returns a completion code such as TCL_OK just like Tcl_EvalObjEx, as well as a result object containing additional information (a result value or error message) that can be retrieved using Tcl_GetObjResult. If you do not want the command recorded on the history list then you should invoke Tcl_EvalObjEx instead of Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj. Normally Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj is only called with top-level commands typed by the user, since the purpose of history is to allow the user to re- issue recently invoked commands. If the flags argument contains the TCL_NO_EVAL bit then the command is recorded without being evaluated. SEE ALSO
Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_GetObjResult KEYWORDS
command, event, execute, history, interpreter, object, record Tcl 8.0 Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj(3)