Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help in checking for files in subfolders Post 302586150 by xbin on Friday 30th of December 2011 09:22:38 AM
Old 12-30-2011
Code:
find "$PWD" -type d -name "${PWD##*/}"

This User Gave Thanks to xbin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename files in subfolders

Hello i have this script : foreach f ($1/*.cpp ) mv $f $f:r.c end that renames me files in dir , how can i change it so it will rename me also in subdirectorys? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to learn the number of files under a particular folder, containing subfolders

Hi ALL I would like know how many files there under a particular folder, which contains subfolders. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in all files in a folder and subfolders.

i need to change string in all files in current folder and all subfolders. i wrote the following script. It works good except it dont delete temp file from subfolders. for z in `find . -type f -name "*.html" -o -name "*.htm"`; do sed -e 's@abc@xyz@g' $z>temp; mv temp $z; done any idea?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crazynups
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split 200.000 files into different subfolders

Dear UNIX-Community, can help me doing 2 things in Debian 5.0? 1.) Create 100 folders Format: ./0/0, ./0/1, ./0/2, ...,./0/9, ./1/0/, ..., ./9/9 2.) Move over 200.000 files into the subdirectories according to their last digits. 12398123.dat -> ./3/2/12398123.dat 48161.dat ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diadas
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to obtain a count of files in a folder and it's subfolders

First of all, the extent of my unix knowledge is next to nil. I've been able to telnet to a unix box, and thanks to the Computer Hope website, I've been able to learn a few basic commands to navigate from folder to folder, and view contents. What I really need to do is obtain a count of all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfinv
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

unique words in files of folder and its subfolders

Hello, I tried to count all unique words of all files in one folder and its subfolders. Can anybody say me, why this doesnt work: ls| find -d | cat | tr "\ " "\n"| uniq -u | wc -l ??? Cat writes only the names of those files, but not the wors, which should be in them. Thanks for any advice. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dworza
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to move folders, subfolders and files from unix to windows

Hi Unix Gurus, I am able to copy only files that exist in the parent folder. My parent folder has sub folders and within sub folders there are lots files. I need to copy folder, sub folders and files from Unix to the remote windows SFTP location. The directory structure is something like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a folder containing different files into subfolders

I have a folder with 4000 (*3) files like gr_q4_gb-1.anc gr_q4_gb-1.anc_cdr_st.txt gr_q4_gb-1.anc_cdr_tr.txt gr_q4_gb-2.anc gr_q4_gb-2.anc_cdr_st.txt gr_q4_gb-2.anc_cdr_tr.txt gr_q4_gb-3.anc gr_q4_gb-3.anc_cdr_st.txt gr_q4_gb-3.anc_cdr_tr.txt . . gr_q4_gb-4000.anc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find for files within a list of subfolders

Helo Is there a better way to search within a list of subfolders : A_START_PATH="/data_1/data_2" # # dir2, dir3, dir6, ..... dir59 exists # A_LIST="$A_START_PATH/dir1 $A_START_PATH/dir4 $A_START_PATH/dir5" find "$A_LIST" -type f -name"*.txt" Now searching for all files in any subdirs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
SQLSRV_CONNECT(3)														 SQLSRV_CONNECT(3)

sqlsrv_connect - Opens a connection to a Microsoft SQL Server database

SYNOPSIS
resource sqlsrv_connect (string $serverName, [array $connectionInfo]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a connection to a Microsoft SQL Server database. By default, the connection is attempted using Windows Authentication. To connect using SQL Server Authentication, include "UID" and "PWD" in the connection options array. PARAMETERS
o $serverName - The name of the server to which a connection is established. To connect to a specific instance, follow the server name with a forward slash and the instance name (e.g. serverNamesqlexpress). o $connectionInfo - An associative array that specifies options for connecting to the server. If values for the UID and PWD keys are not specified, the connection will be attempted using Windows Authentication. For a complete list of supported keys, see SQLSRV Connection Options. RETURN VALUES
A connection resource. If a connection cannot be successfully opened, FALSE is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Connect using Windows Authentication. <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress"; //serverNameinstanceName // Since UID and PWD are not specified in the $connectionInfo array, // The connection will be attempted using Windows Authentication. $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName"); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn ) { echo "Connection established.<br />"; }else{ echo "Connection could not be established.<br />"; die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } ?> Example #2 Connect by specifying a user name and password. <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress"; //serverNameinstanceName $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"userName", "PWD"=>"password"); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn ) { echo "Connection established.<br />"; }else{ echo "Connection could not be established.<br />"; die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } ?> Example #3 Connect on a specifed port. <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress, 1542"; //serverNameinstanceName, portNumber (default is 1433) $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"userName", "PWD"=>"password"); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn ) { echo "Connection established.<br />"; }else{ echo "Connection could not be established.<br />"; die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } ?> NOTES
By default, the sqlsrv_connect(3) uses connection pooling to improve connection performance. To turn off connection pooling (i.e. force a new connection on each call), set the "ConnectionPooling" option in the $connectionOptions array to 0 (or FALSE). For more information, see SQLSRV Connection Pooling. The SQLSRV extension does not have a dedicated function for changing which database is connected to. The target database is specified in the $connectionOptions array that is passed to sqlsrv_connect. To change the database on an open connection, execute the following query "USE dbName" (e.g. sqlsrv_query($conn, "USE dbName")). SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_close(3), sqlsrv_errors(3), sqlsrv_query(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_CONNECT(3)