Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NIM - install up-to-date VIOS ? Post 302586122 by vilius on Friday 30th of December 2011 07:57:31 AM
Old 12-30-2011
NIM - install up-to-date VIOS ?

Hello,

Is it possible to install up-to-date vios in one NIM operation ?
For example I have vios v2.1 DVD and current vios version is v2.2.1.3(we update to fixpack v2.2.1.1_FP25 and apply service pack 2.2.1.3-FP25-SP01)

I know it's possible if we install AIX using NIM - we just update lpp_source to the latest TL and create spot from it - result up to date AIX in one NIM operation.

Cite from vios update readme:
Quote:
NIM users can update by creating a single, merged lpp_source that combines the contents of the Migration DVD with the contents of this Update Release 2.2.1.1 and the Service Release 2.2.1.3.
How do I update/merge vios lpp_source ?

thanks
Vilius

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Linux install from NIM

Has anyone ever done this and is it easy to do with SLES9/10? All I can find so far is this link http://www-941.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/display/Wikip5/16Jan07+Using+NIM+to+Install+VIO+and+Linux Can you still use all the feature of autoyast etc? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: backslash
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM install hangs on LED 0608

Hi guys, I am trying to install a new machine via nim but it is hanging on 0608 => it should be a network issue here the situation hoping you will be able to help: server NIM on a subnet/IP 10.36.12.64 client on 161.43.56.25 the ping test is successful but when I launch the isntall it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
9 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.1 install bos.sysmgt.nim.master failed

I was trying to install bos.sysmgt.nim.master on AIX 5.1 with a mounted NFS source, but it failed: # installp -agXd /nfs/aix51cd1 bos.sysmgt.nim.master installp: APPLYING software for: bos.sysmgt.nim.master 5.1.0.50 restore: 0511-123 The volume on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezlee
0 Replies

4. AIX

OS install from NIM fails

Hi Guys, The ping is failing SMS menu on the client to the interface for a network boot from NIM. I checked the cables, they are plugged in and lights are blinking. this is the error i am getting when I am pushing the OS on NIM Command: OK stdout: yes stderr: no ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithinksgreen
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

Install RPM from NIM LPP without smitty

I want to install single RPM from LPP on NIM system without doing it interactively (with single non-interactive command), so I 'got' that command from smitty this way: # smitty nim > Install and Update Software > Install Software Select the LPP_SOURCE containing the install images >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n.i.b
5 Replies

7. AIX

NIM Install Boot Code: 888 102 700 C20

I've got code: 888 102 700 C20 when starting a NIM install. (Tried the online search results and it hasn't worked) The OS is AIX 7100-03-02. The lpp_source and spot were defined as such: 710tl03sp2lpp_res resources lpp_source 710tl03sp2spot_res resources spot The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
4 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS backupios -mksysb - does it need to be served by a NIM server ?

working through VIOS backup options. Generally, we store mksysb's on a server and then NFS mount them from it to copy to a VIO optical library, etc. In the case of a VIO backup, I see the -mksysb option to backupios and understand that it doesn't include the NIM resources in the backup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

9. AIX

Install VIOS SSL Certificate on Integrated Virtualization Manager

Anyone have any procedures or tutorials on how to change the self-signed certificate on the IBM AIX VIOS Intergrated Virtulization Manager web site? I've googled till my fingers broke and most links take me to generic replacements for IBM products that I don't have. Any help is appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAY2068
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)                                           Debian GNU/Linux                                           UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)