Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop running after reaching limit Post 302586083 by methyl on Friday 30th of December 2011 05:27:09 AM
Old 12-30-2011
Quote:
output=`grep ^$USER /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1`
Can be further improved by including the colon in the grep (this allows for users with similar names like "jack" and "jackie":
Code:
output=`grep \^"${USER}:" /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1`

Beware. On my system "users" is the name of a unix command. While you invoke it as "./users" you will not clash. In the commercial world you will probably add a scripts directory to "$PATH" and could then clash.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to limit the number of running instances of a script?

I would like to allow only one instance of a script to run at any moment. I've tried the following solution to count the instances but the result is always the number of running instances plus one and I can't find the problem ps -ef | grep $0 | sed '/^$/ d' | sed '/grep/ d' | wc -l Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oti
2 Replies

2. AIX

Real memory usage is reaching 99.99%

Hi i am new to aix , we are using aix 5.3 version and model is 510 and 520 model servers. in our servers contains 8 gb ram. but servers average ram usage is reaching 99.9% , can any body help on this , is any impact if memory usage reach 99.9%. Regards Balaji Poola (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balajipoola007
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

trouble reaching local router interface

I have a processor (Solaris 5.8) with a router locally attached. We're having trouble pinging the router interface from the processor with a normal ping command. The response from the router is "administratively prohibited", which normally indicates the access list on the router is bouncing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit of ls command in for loop

I am using the code below to list all the Errors files from the directory in the for loop. When the number of files are less then 6000 then it's works fine but if it more than that then for loop fails. for file in `ls $ERR_DIR/PPL_Prov_Engine_Error_*` do memrecno=`cut -f2 -d'|' $file` ||... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limit on Number of Cron Jobs Running on one Account

Hello, I have some 150 Cron Jobs running under my UNIX account. I want to add some more jobs. Is there a limit to the number of cron jobs that can be run on an account? Thank you. Pramodini (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script automatically when threshold limit met in one of the field in oracle database

Hi Guys, Need you help in one point! I am working on one shell script which takes following steps : 1. Taking one query result from oracle database 2. Exporting that result to Xls file 3. Mailing that file to my own mail ID Now, I want to give a threshold limit to one of the column... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
0 Replies

7. Linux

Lan card not reaching Gateway

Hi, I have this problem on RHEL box. I am using two NIC's of same model and make (Intel 82557) in the adjacent PCI slots . I am using each one for different subnet and have assigned them ipaddresses and gateways of respective subnets . While one is O.K. connecting to its ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations Corona688 for reaching to landmark of 4000+ THANKS

Hello All, Let's join our hands together to appreciate Corona688 for completing and reaching to the landmark of 4000+ THANKS. I do want to appreciate Corona688 on behalf of everyone here in forum for Corona688's continuous effort of posting very useful, full of experience and knowledge posts in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with limit counter

#!/usr/bin/ksh c=0 while ]; do echo /tmp/unex NOT found, iter : $c; ((c = $c + 1)); sleep 2; done so, the above counter doesn't work, already tried both -lt & -gt, and changed || to && so what am I missing? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unexistance
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit on number of pipes after long-running command?

I'm trying to create a minimal, crude keylogger for X using only a shell script. I was quickly stumped: Why do these two commands entered in a terminal emulator produce output when I type... $ xinput test 6 | grep press $ xinput test 6 | awk '{print $3}' ...but this command produces no... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
13 Replies
voice_set_playmode(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       voice_set_playmode(3alleg4)

NAME
voice_set_playmode - Adjusts the loop status of the specified voice. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void voice_set_playmode(int voice, int playmode); DESCRIPTION
Adjusts the loop status of the specified voice. This can be done while the voice is playing, so you can start a sample in looped mode (hav- ing set the loop start and end positions to the appropriate values), and then clear the loop flag when you want to end the sound, which will cause it to continue past the loop end, play the subsequent part of the sample, and finish in the normal way. The mode parameter is a bitfield containing the following values: PLAYMODE_PLAY Plays the sample a single time. This is the default if you don't set the loop flag. PLAYMODE_LOOP Loops repeatedly through the sample, jumping back to the loop start position upon reaching the loop end. PLAYMODE_FORWARD Plays the sample from beginning to end. This is the default if you don't set the backward flag. PLAYMODE_BACKWARD Reverses the direction of the sample. If you combine this with the loop flag, the sample jumps to the loop end position upon reaching the loop start (ie. you do not need to reverse the loop start and end values when you play the sample in reverse). PLAYMODE_BIDIR When used in combination with the loop flag, causes the sample to change direction each time it reaches one of the loop points, so it alternates between playing forwards and in reverse. SEE ALSO
Allegro version 4.4.2 voice_set_playmode(3alleg4)