Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread Dump
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Thread Dump Post 302585966 by ram5019 on Thursday 29th of December 2011 10:15:27 PM
Old 12-29-2011
Java Thread Dump

I used take thread dump when our application gets out of memory issue.

can any one help on check thread dump result.
where it will save tool to read thread dump.Smilie

Code:
date; kill -3 process_id; sleep 300; kill -3 process_id; sleep 300; kill -3 process_id;date

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

3. Programming

Thread prog (core dump)

Could any one please suggest me how to solve this...... when I compiled the program and tried to execute it as follows, it works fine under different inputs like: ./main -r 300 -w 3 -s 100 ./main -r 600 -w 3 -s 1000 ./main -r 10 -w 3 -s 100 But it fails when I tired to give the input as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumars
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Thread Dump not working

Hello, I'm running a kill -QUIT on few process IDs (OS: Solaris) but the Thread Dump is empty. Can you please help me get it back on? Since I'm quite new to this, I'm not aware of the checks. Please let me know for the info required to debug this issue. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
3 Replies

5. Linux

Thread specific data from linux core dump

How do i get pointer to thread's local storage or thread specific data while analyzing core dump for linux ? i use pthread_setspecific to store some data in the pthread's local stoare. my multi threaded program on linux crashed, and i want to see what is stored in current running thread's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasungal
2 Replies
AMCHECKDUMP(8)						  System Administration Commands					    AMCHECKDUMP(8)

NAME
amcheckdump - check the results of an Amanda dump SYNOPSIS
amcheckdump [--timestamp|-t timestamp] [--verbose] [-o configoption...] config DESCRIPTION
Amcheckdump verifies Amanda dump images by reading them from storage volume(s) and verifying that the images can be parsed by the appropriate application (if available). For example, a GNUTAR image is passed to GNU Tar for parsing, and any errors (e.g., corrupt or missing data) are noted. The application runs on the most recent dump or, if --timestamp is specified, on the most recent dump with that timestamp. Note that the verification is local to the Amanda server; if the dump application is not available, or is configured differently on the server than on the client, then the verification will most likely fail. If a changer is available, it is used to load the required tapes. Otherwise, the application interactively requests the tapes. See the "CONFIGURATION OVERRIDE" section in amanda(8) for information on the -o option. EXAMPLE
# check the most recent dump amcheckdump MYCONFIG # check a specific dump from back in '78 amcheckdump MYCONFIG --timestamp 19780615 SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Ian Turner <ian@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMCHECKDUMP(8)