Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Video capture and editing on Solaris vs Debian vs Ubuntu Post 302585923 by bitlord on Thursday 29th of December 2011 02:28:30 PM
Old 12-29-2011
Hey
Solaris would be good as a file server, but Ubuntu has a distro that is made for media editing. Maybe you should just use that. Whey fight if you don't need to.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

image and video editing

what are the best video and image editing software available for mac and linux. id apreciate a good response. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChildrenoftheOS
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Avoid creating temporary files on editing a file in Ubuntu

Hi, My ubuntu flavor always create temporary files having filename followed by ~ on editing. For eg: if I am editing a file called "sip.c", automatically a temporary (bkup) file is getting created with the name "sip.c~". How to avoid this file creation? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question about video capture example

Hi,all From the v4l api page http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/,there is a capture.c. someone says" this application is support ntsc camera,but I don't know why it support ntsc by default Any ideas? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

4. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Reliable Video Editing & DVD Burning

I have just about given up trying to find a reliable package. Imagination - Pitvi - Openshot - DVD Styler are just some of those tried, but even if success has been achieved in exporting a viable result - Brasero will not burn it this includes VOB files. It seems that there is no alternative to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Royalist
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)