Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX converting void pointer to pthread_t on HPUX Itanium Post 302585746 by skyineyes on Friday 30th of December 2011 04:22:30 AM
Old 12-30-2011
converting void pointer to pthread_t on HPUX Itanium

i am trying to convert void pointer to pthread_t on hpux-itanium 64 bit which fails as below

Code:
"src/file.cpp", line 88: error #2171: invalid type conversion
          pthread_t tid = reinterpret_cast<pthread_t>(m_threadId);

1 error detected in the compilation of "src/file.cpp"

^

m_threadId is of type void *

Any help?

---------- Post updated 12-30-11 at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous update was 12-29-11 at 07:03 AM ----------

no answer till now???

here is one sample to see the above issue

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <pthread.h>

int main()
{
  int n = 3;
  void *m = (void *)&n;
  //pthread_t p = reinterpret_cast<pthread_t>(m);
  pthread_t p = static_cast<pthread_t>(m);
  return 0;
}

Any help??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Programming

What is the difference between f(...), f(void) and f()

What is the difference between f(...) , f(void),f() I know that f(void) doesn't take any parameters, but what about f() and f(...) Does the last call of function even exists? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: purplelightspar
2 Replies

3. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

hpux-itanium 64 bit problem for libC

i am trying to build on hpux-itanium 64 bit platform. my application needs to link to 64 bit version of the library libCsup.so This library is present in /usr/lib/hpux64/libCsup.so I am specifying the location of this library as linker flags LDFLAGS := -Wl,-N -Wl,+s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling git in HPUX 11.31 itanium

Hello, Would you know the steps on how to compile git command in HPUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
1 Replies

8. Programming

void pointer

hi guys! Is there such a thing as double void pointer dynamic allocation? And if so is it something like this? int n; void** a; a=malloc(n*sizeof(void*)); (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
12 Replies

9. Programming

Malloc to void pointer fails

I have a function to which I will pass a struct ID and it will return me a string. I will pass a pointer to store the name string and that pointer will be allocated memory by the function called. int ConvertIDToName(void *id, void *name, size_t *size) { int status = 0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies
PTHREAD_EQUAL(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  PTHREAD_EQUAL(3)

NAME
pthread_equal - compare thread IDs SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_equal(pthread_t t1, pthread_t t2); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_equal() function compares two thread identifiers. RETURN VALUE
If the two thread IDs are equal, pthread_equal() returns a nonzero value; otherwise, it returns 0. ERRORS
This function always succeeds. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
The pthread_equal() function is necessary because thread IDs should be considered opaque: there is no portable way for applications to directly compare two pthread_t values. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_self(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-03-30 PTHREAD_EQUAL(3)