Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Disk space script output in color Post 302585694 by otheus on Thursday 29th of December 2011 05:09:45 AM
Old 12-29-2011
@funksen -- maybe he wants a "hard copy" of the daily report of the usage, not only when it gets low.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space script

Hi all, Can any one help me in making a disk space script in solaris 8/9 for instance i only want to get those partitions whose diskspace has exceed 70%. Any volunteer? Cheers! BR/asad (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Disk space

:( Hi All, i have 4 linux server for which i want set up script to monitor the disk space ... here my problem is i want the output like graph... also it should reflect in monitor ...as non stop process.. can any one suggest me any way where i can implement the script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting color on output file script

do you have any simple script on how to change the color and font of a string in a script example echo "====================================" echo " sample color script" echo "====================================" echo " hello " echo " bye" on hello,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append color in shell script for output

Hi Experts, I want to get my shell script output in a color for a particular word. PFB my output. TT.QM.JTV1S1 TLORSBT2.JMR701T1.C1 REPOS TT.QM.JTV1R1 TLORSBF2.JMR701T1.C1 NORMAL whenever REPOS word comes then entire line should come in red color. Can you please help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Output

I am very new to unix and Linux, So I have a question about LINUX and AIX. What LINUX and AIX commands can be used to get the following output: 071912 GB blocks Free %Iused Mounted on 071912 5.00 4.64 8% / 071912 15.00 9.44 38% /usr 071912 6.00 2.56 58% /var 071912 15.00 12.88 15% /tmp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: najeemsarwat
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color encoding on the disk space script

Hi All, Hope all are doing good!! Am glad that i have utilized some ideas and written a code to make the disk space result comes better and it was successfully running in the production. The next update from my manager was to make this code to come in a table format with color added. 1)... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
28 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Script to direct output

Hi, I am working on Sun Solaris 5.10 and want to direct the output from a disk space check script to an output file; #!/bin/bash CURRENT=$(df -k /log/logs | grep /log/logs | awk '{ print $5}' | sed 's/%//g') THRESHOLD=30 if ; then echo "Remaining free space is low" > output.txt else... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSKAAB
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help!! disk free space script

i want to write a shell script,when disk uses is 90% then automatically send a email to distribution list (group member)...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cutting disk space output

Running this code df -h | head -2 | awk '{print $8}' Gives me the following output: %iused 6% What I'm trying to do is get the 6% but I'm having trouble doing this using cut -c, I think that this could be because the text is on different lines; is there a way of doing this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk space script

i have 3 servers and i am checking for the disk space of a specific mount-point, should not be more than 85 % considering example as below server1 mountpoint_1 has 70% diskutilization server2 mountpoint_1 has 80% diskutilization server3 mountpoint_1 has 7% diskutilization now when it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
6 Replies
ReportSchedule(3pm)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				       ReportSchedule(3pm)

NAME
Lire::ReportSchedule - Object which reprents one periodical report generation. SYNOPSIS
use Lire::ReportJob; use Lire::ReportSchedule; my $store = Lire::DlfStore->open( 'aStore' ); my $job = new Lire::ReportJob( "webServer" ); my $cfg = $store->get_report_config( 'daily_www_report' ); $job->add_schedule( new Lire::ReportSchedule( 'daily', $cfg ); $job->run( 'daily', $store ); DESCRIPTION
Lire::ReportSchedule objects together with Lire::OutputJob objects make it possible to configure all kind of periodical report generation. Whereas the Lire::OutputJob is used to represent the formatting of one generated report, the Lire::ReportSchedule represents such a generation. It will be use to generate periodically one XML report in a DlfStore using one report configuration file. ReportSchedules grouped together in one ReportJob are assumed to generate compatible reports as far as merging is concerned. The idea is that previous reports generated in one ReportJob (according to different schedules) could be used as a data source when the DlfStore doesn't contain all the DLF records for the whole period. For example, if you don't keep one year of www DLF in your store, you could still generate an yearly report using the daily reports generated during the year. new( $period, $cfg ); Creates a new Lire::ReportSchedule that will generates an XML report using the Lire::ReportConfig $cfg on a $period period. $period should be one of 'hourly', 'daily', 'weekly', 'monthly' or 'yearly'. period() Returns the period of this ReportSchedule. period_range( [ $time ] ) Returns the starting and ending boundaries of the schedule period which includes $time. (Defaults to now). The ending boundary is excluded from the period and the starting boundary is included. report_config( [ $new_cfg ] ) Returns (and optionally change) the Lire::ReportConfig object to use for this schedule. init_report_config( [ $time ] ) Returns the Lire::ReportConfig object with filters set. A FilterSpec will have been added to each section of the ReportConfig object which will restrict the reporting on the period defined for the scedule. The boundaries of the period are determined according to $time which defaults to now. add_output_jobs( $job, ... ) Adds one or more Lire::OutputJob to the ReportSchedule object. output_jobs() Returns the Lire::OutputJobs related to this object. run( $store, $report_job, [$time] ) Generate a XML report and save it in the $store Lire::DlfStore. The report will be generated either using the DlfStreams or previously generated reports. Preferences is giving to generating the report using the Dlf data For more details, consult the documentation of find_report_source() in Lire::DlfStore(3pm). The period for which the report will be generated is done using the $time parameter which defaults to now. For example, a 'daily' report will generate a report for the whole day (midnight-midnidht based on the day that $time represents). Once the report is generated, all registered OutputJob will be run with the new report. SEE ALSO
Lire::DlfStore(3pm) Lire::DlfConverter(3pm) AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: ReportSchedule.pm,v 1.17 2006/07/23 13:16:29 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 ReportSchedule(3pm)