Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inline edit using sed / awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inline edit using sed / awk Post 302585586 by agama on Wednesday 28th of December 2011 11:04:32 PM
Old 12-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by birei
@agama:

I think you forgot to lowercase the string. I modified it to:
Code:
awk '
    /nameInNameSpace/ {
        match( $0, "nameInNameSpace=\"[^\"]*\"" )
        split( substr( $0, RSTART, RLENGTH ), a, "=" );
        gsub( "/", ".", a[2] );
        sub( "name=\"[^\"]*\"", "name=" a[2]  );
        $0 = tolower( $0 );
    }
    { print; }
' input-file >output-file

Regards,
Birei
Thanks. Actually I missed the lower case requirement, but I think just the replacement, not the whole line should be translated:

Code:
awk '
    /nameInNameSpace/ {
        match( $0, "nameInNameSpace=\"[^\"]*\"" )
        split( substr( $0, RSTART, RLENGTH ), a, "=" );
        gsub( "/", ".", a[2] );
        $0 = tolower( a[2] );
        sub( "name=\"[^\"]*\"", "name=" a[2]  );
    }
    { print; }
' input-file >output-file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk - inplace or inline edit

I need to remove the '&' from a file. In each line of the file, the fields are separated by ^K. I only want to remove '&' if it exists in field number 9. (example of field 9: abc&xyz) I need to do an in place/in line edit. So far I have accomplished the following: awk -F '^K' '{print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit entire column from a fixed-width file using awk or sed

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 12 Completed 08 0830 12 In Progress 09 0829 11 For F U 07 0828 Considering the file above, how could i replace the third column the most efficient way? The actual file size is almost 1G. I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File edit with awk or sed

I have the follwoing file: This looks to be : seperated. For the first field i want only the file name without ".txt" and also i want to remove "+" sign if the second field starts with "+" sign. Input file: Output file: Appreciate your help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk or both to edit file

What is an efficient way to remove all lines from the input file which contain a file name? inputfile: ======================= # comment # comment # comment 5 8 10 /tmp 5 8 10 /var/run 5 8 10 /etc/vfstab 5 8 9 /var/tmp 5 8 10 /var/adm/messages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk or Sed, fubd match in column, then edit column.

FILE A: 9780743551526,(Abridged) 9780743551779,(Unabridged) 9780743582469,(Abridged) 9780743582483,(Unabridged) 9780743563468,(Abridged) 9780743563475,(Unabridged) FILE B: c3saCandyland 9780743518321 "CANDYLAND" "MCBAIN, ED" 2001 c3sbCandyland 9780743518321 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit field using sed or awk

please help me to edit the second field using awk or sed i have input file below aa1001 000001 bb1002 000002 cc1003 000003 so i want the output file like below aa1001 01 bb1002 02 cc1003 03 (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
38 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK to edit/add field values in a record

Hi Experts, I am new to shell scripting. Need some help in doing one task given by the customer. The sample record in a file is as follows: 3538,,,,,,ID,ID1,,,,,,,,,,, It needs to be the following: 3538,,353800,353800,,,ID,ID1,,,,,COLX,,,,,COLY, And i want to modify this record in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combining awk Inline and File Code

I've ended up with a small collection of libraries I like to use with awk, but this means I can't do awk -f librarycode.awk '{ program code }' filename because awk will assume that anything after -f is a filename, not code. Is there any way I can do both? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed, Inline replacement of string with spaces

Hello, Just surfed on the web for probable answers but could not get them working. I wish to replace the string containing spaces by another phrase but below answers did not work. My string is: PAIN & GAIN I wish to convert it to: P&G I just need it working with sed with function -i ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
Test::Inline::Content::Simple(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Test::Inline::Content::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Test::Inline::Content::Simple - Simple templating Content Handler SYNOPSIS
In your inline2test.tpl ---------------------- #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Test::More [% plan %]; $| = 1; [% tests %] 1; DESCRIPTION
It is relatively common to want to customise the contents of the generated test files to set up custom environment things on an all-scripts basis, rather than file by file (using =begin SETUP blocks). "Test::Inline::Content::Simple" lets you use a very simple Template Toolkit style template to define this information. It contains only two tags, "plan" and "tests". The "plan" tag will be inserted as either "tests =" 123> or 'no_plan'. The "tests" tag will be replaced by the actual testing code. METHODS
new $filename Manually create a new "Test::Inline::Content::Simple" object. Takes as parameter a single filename which should contain the template code. Returns a new "Test::Inline::Content::Simple" object, or "undef" on error. template The "template" accessor returns the template content for the object process $Inline, $Script The "process" method is unchanged from "Test::Inline::Content". SUPPORT
See the main SUPPORT section. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org>, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.12.4 2010-11-22 Test::Inline::Content::Simple(3pm)