Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Best Antivirus :
Special Forums Cybersecurity Best Antivirus : Post 302585543 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 28th of December 2011 04:24:54 PM
Old 12-28-2011
This is a really vague question. Do you have a firewall?, for example. Does your company have an ftp site, customer web services? Are you UNIX only or lots of different OSes?

Most UNIX anti-virus applications do work reasonably well. And there are open source ones like clamAV, that are free. Go to SourceForge - Download, Develop and Publish Free Open Source Software

Based on your question and seemingly limited understanding of what you need: consider finding a security consultant. They do this for a living. All you need to do is talk to past customers of theirs to verify the quality of the consultant's work.

Or do it all by yourself and hope you get it right. Download and install something like clamAV. You decide.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Antivirus software for UNIX

I know that it's not necessary to get antivirus software for UNIX operating systems, but could someone please recommend some anyway? Does McAfee make any? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ellethompson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

antivirus for sun solaris

Hi All , Please i have mail server , sun solaries 7 .. and i want to protect the users mails from viruses . so i want to download an antivirus for this server to protect it against viruses . is there anything for FREEEEEEEE plzzzzz. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open source antivirus

Hello What is the best open source anti virus? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammadmahdi
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Antivirus Programm for Solaris Desktop

Hello, I´m searching a antivirus solution for Solaris Desktop PC´s (Intel). Can anyone tell me more about some producer?? Thanks Volker (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingossi
6 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Antivirus

Hi, Can anyone suggest the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it.... So if anyone could suggest anything, that would be great. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Antivirus

I have fedora 15 lovelock. I need an antivirus for internet security. Which will be the best.. Plz suggest. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
11 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Issue while installing antivirus

I downloaded a trial version Kaspersky PURE 3.0.13.0.2.558 While installing it was showing a message that :" The foll. is a problem for proper working of this antivurus Norton Internet ..../ Norton Anti-virus / Norton ...." The message was something like this. I searched for Norton in "search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Antivirus for Solaris 8

Hi- I am looking for a best open source antivirus software for solaris other than clamav. We have been using clamav but it doesnot work on old solaris 8 systems..compiling the clamav and installing it on old solaris 8 systems resulted in system crash.Our business don't have any plan for OS upgrade... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanknr
3 Replies
WAPITI(1)							   User Commands							 WAPITI(1)

NAME
wapiti - a web application vulnerability scanner. SYNOPSIS
wapiti http://server.com/base/url/ [options] DESCRIPTION
Wapiti allows you to audit the security of your web applications. It performs "black-box" scans, i.e. it does not study the source code of the application but will scans the webpages of the deployed webapp, looking for scripts and forms where it can inject data. Once it gets this list, Wapiti acts like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if a script is vulnerable. OPTIONS
-s, --start <url> specify an url to start with. -x, --exclude <url> exclude an url from the scan (for example logout scripts) you can also use a wildcard (*): Example : -x "http://server/base/?page=*&module=test" or -x "http://server/base/admin/*" to exclude a directory -p, --proxy <url_proxy> specify a proxy (-p http://proxy:port/) -c, --cookie <cookie_file> use a cookie -t, --timeout <timeout> set the timeout (in seconds) -a, --auth <login%password> set credentials (for HTTP authentication) doesn't work with Python 2.4 -r, --remove <parameter_name> removes a parameter from URLs -m, --module <module> use a predefined set of scan/attack options: GET_ALL: only use GET request (no POST) GET_XSS: only XSS attacks with HTTP GET method POST_XSS: only XSS attacks with HTTP POST method -u, --underline use color to highlight vulnerable parameters in output -v, --verbose <level> set the verbosity level: 0: quiet (default), 1: print each url, 2: print every attack -h, --help print help page EFFICIENCY
Wapiti is developed in Python and use a library called lswww. This web spider library does the most of the work. Unfortunately, the html parsers module within python only works with well formed html pages so lswww fails to extract information from bad-coded webpages. Tidy can clean these webpages on the fly for us so lswww will give pretty good results. In order to make Wapiti far more efficient, you should: apt-get install python-utidylib python-ctypes AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Nicolas Surribas <nicolas.surribas@gmail.com> Manpage created by Thomas Blasing <thomasbl@pool.math.tu-berlin.de> http://wapiti.sourceforge.net/ July 2007 WAPITI(1)