Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help..Urgent plz
Operating Systems AIX Need help..Urgent plz Post 302585416 by zaxxon on Wednesday 28th of December 2011 10:42:07 AM
Old 12-28-2011
Everyone at the UNIX and Linux Forums gives their best effort to reply to all questions in a timely manner. For this reason, posting questions with subjects like "Urgent!" or "Emergency" and demanding a fast reply are not permitted in the regular forums.

For members who want a higher visibility to their questions, we suggest you post in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum. This forum is given a higher priority than our regular forums.

Posting a new question in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum requires forum Bits. We monitor this forum to help people with emergencies, but we do not not guarantee response time or best answers. However, we will treat your post with a higher priority and give our best efforts to help you.

If you have posted a question in the regular forum with a subject "Urgent" "Emergency" or similar idea, we will, more-than-likely, close your thread and post this reply, redirecting you to the proper forum.

Of course, you can always post a descriptive subject text, remove words like "Urgent" etc. (from your subject and post) and post in the regular forums at any time.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent plz

guys i have sun solaries 8 under intel .. i added a new D-LINK ethernet and i need to see if the computer define it or not .. so i need to make reconfiguraion .. what was the command ... for reconfiguration ??? thanks alot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command - Urgent Plz.

Hi, In my current directory, i have the following files: x1.dat x2.dat.gz x3.dat I want to use the find command and display only files which has *.dat and NOT *.gz extension files. Please help me out. Thanks, Kris Kart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kris_Kart_101
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz solve this one : URGENT

Hi! How to use awk command and set command in a shell script? Suppose I have to fetch data from a file and change one data with another one.Say data is ABCD.Now I have to change C with X .How do I solve this one? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyita bagchi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in writing awk script, plz urgent

I have a file like this I have to I have input file this , I want to give the out put in the below input file (NARAYANA 1 ENDING AT (100, 16383) ,NARAYANA 2 ENDING AT (100, 32766) ,NARAYANA 3 ENDING AT (100, 49149) ,NARAYANA 4 ENDING AT (100, 65535) ,NARAYANA 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAKSHMI NARAYAN
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz help me urgent....

i want shell script program for counting the no of times the given input word is occured in the given input file.i am unable to do this .i got some of output with awk but i need it completely with shell script program i am waiting for the solution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar_1209
4 Replies

7. Programming

plz help me to solve this socekt progm..urgent...

MY client and server need to achieve the following requirements: 1.1. program for client needs to take two arguments that specify the name of server and the port that it is trying to connect to. Your program for server needs to take an argument that specifies the port that it is listening to. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saiful_911
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarify doubt ... plz Urgent

Hi friends, I am new to UNIX. I going to transfer files using SFTP. I am writing a script and using mget . If i am using mget * means, if all the files and their sub directories are transferred or not? If suppose , the local system dose not have the sub directory then what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punitha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in shell script while returning values-- urgent issue plz help.

Hi, I have initailized a varaible EBID as typeset Long EBID=0 i am calculating value of EBID using certian formula as below: (( CURR_EBID= ($BANDINDEX << 27) | ($CURR_FREQ << 16) | ($CURR_CELLID << 4) | $CURR_SECTOR_VALUE )) return $CURR_EBID The output is as below: + (( CURR_EBID=... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasanur
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
PAGESIZES(5)							File Formats Manual						      PAGESIZES(5)

NAME
pagesizes - HylaFAX page size definitions DESCRIPTION
The pagesizes database defines the page dimensions and guaranteed reproducible areas (GRA) for well-known page sizes. The GRA is the por- tion of the page that is guaranteed to be imaged during facsimile transmission. This region is typically less than the full page dimen- sions because of paper roller contacts and other mechanical aspects of the printing process in a facsimile machine. All HylaFAX programs that require page size information read the information from this database using a page size name. Documents should be prepared such that the full page dimensions are employed with the imaged area contained within the GRA. The system-wide default page size to use in preparing documents for transmission is given by the ``default'' entry in the database. (NB: the default entry should be placed last so that inverse matches find the real page size name and not the default entry.) The page size database is an ASCII file with the following format. Each entry consists of whitespace-separated fields: name abbrev width height gra-width gra-height top-margin left-margin Fields have the following interpretation: name the full name for the page size; e.g. ISO A4; abbrev an abbreviated version of the full name for use in compact listings such as the receive queue listing printed by faxstat(1); width the full width of the page; height the full height of the page; gra-width the width of the GRA; gra-height the height of the GRA; top-margin the margin between the top of the full page and the top of the GRA; left-margin the margin between the left side of the full page the left side of the GRA. The first two fields must be separated from the subsequent fields by a tab character (possibly followed by more whitespace); this is done to easily permit blank characters to be included in names. Otherwise fields can be separated by any amount of any kind of whitespace. Numbers are all base 10 and in basic measurement units (BMU); defined as 1/1200 x 25.4 millimeters for paper output with a scale factor of one. All fields must be present on a single line; otherwise the entry is ignored. Comments are introduced by the ``#'' character and con- tinue to the end the line. Page size database lookups are either by name or by page dimensions. Lookups by name are done by sequentially scanning the entries in the database for the first entry that has a matching abbreviation or substring of the page size name field. The string comparisons ignore case so, for example, ``a4'' would match a full name of ``ISO A4''. Lookups by dimension scan the entire database and return the page with the closest dimensions using a straightforward distance metric. If the difference in dimensions of the closest match is greater than 1/2 inch on each side, then no page entry is returned for a lookup by dimension. SEE ALSO
hylafax-client(1), faxmail(1), faxstat(1), sendfax(1), sgi2fax(1), textfmt(1). December 5, 1994 PAGESIZES(5)