Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help..Urgent plz
Operating Systems AIX Need help..Urgent plz Post 302585182 by admin_xor on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 10:20:37 PM
Old 12-27-2011
You can always use pg or more on AIX to get a list on one page. To go to the next page, press ENTER. Otherwise, you can use head command to show you the number of entries you wish to have. By the way there's no need to copy and paste. The best thing about working on any UNIX system is the flexibility. You can redirect the output to a file and later you can read it as you wish.

Code:
find /XYZ/ -xdev -size +100000 | xargs ls -l | sort -nrk 5 >file_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent plz

guys i have sun solaries 8 under intel .. i added a new D-LINK ethernet and i need to see if the computer define it or not .. so i need to make reconfiguraion .. what was the command ... for reconfiguration ??? thanks alot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command - Urgent Plz.

Hi, In my current directory, i have the following files: x1.dat x2.dat.gz x3.dat I want to use the find command and display only files which has *.dat and NOT *.gz extension files. Please help me out. Thanks, Kris Kart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kris_Kart_101
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz solve this one : URGENT

Hi! How to use awk command and set command in a shell script? Suppose I have to fetch data from a file and change one data with another one.Say data is ABCD.Now I have to change C with X .How do I solve this one? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyita bagchi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in writing awk script, plz urgent

I have a file like this I have to I have input file this , I want to give the out put in the below input file (NARAYANA 1 ENDING AT (100, 16383) ,NARAYANA 2 ENDING AT (100, 32766) ,NARAYANA 3 ENDING AT (100, 49149) ,NARAYANA 4 ENDING AT (100, 65535) ,NARAYANA 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAKSHMI NARAYAN
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz help me urgent....

i want shell script program for counting the no of times the given input word is occured in the given input file.i am unable to do this .i got some of output with awk but i need it completely with shell script program i am waiting for the solution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar_1209
4 Replies

7. Programming

plz help me to solve this socekt progm..urgent...

MY client and server need to achieve the following requirements: 1.1. program for client needs to take two arguments that specify the name of server and the port that it is trying to connect to. Your program for server needs to take an argument that specifies the port that it is listening to. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saiful_911
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarify doubt ... plz Urgent

Hi friends, I am new to UNIX. I going to transfer files using SFTP. I am writing a script and using mget . If i am using mget * means, if all the files and their sub directories are transferred or not? If suppose , the local system dose not have the sub directory then what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punitha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in shell script while returning values-- urgent issue plz help.

Hi, I have initailized a varaible EBID as typeset Long EBID=0 i am calculating value of EBID using certian formula as below: (( CURR_EBID= ($BANDINDEX << 27) | ($CURR_FREQ << 16) | ($CURR_CELLID << 4) | $CURR_SECTOR_VALUE )) return $CURR_EBID The output is as below: + (( CURR_EBID=... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasanur
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)