Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to start X window?
Operating Systems HP-UX How to start X window? Post 302585178 by Corona688 on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 09:44:54 PM
Old 12-27-2011
If it couldn't create an X window, that may mean the X server is not running. Check if that service is running.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I start a program when I start my Computer?

I'm running MAC OS X and I'm wondering how I start 'nixey programs (not normal apps) on startup? Things like the dnet client and hxd Hotline Server. Anyone know? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l008com
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to start the x window system

hi, am new to hp-ux, i just bought an hp-ux with the hp-ux 11.0 os, is very old, and i wnat to start the x window system but it send an error that said that couldn't open the x server, i try startx, xinit, and nothing, and also where i can find tutorials for hp-ux os for beginners (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

4. Linux

where to put an application if i want to start it on start up

hi i want to know the way by which i put any file somewhere and it get s started when the system restarts or bots i mean whenever my system starts that application must also start thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shukla_chanchal
3 Replies

5. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

TCP initial congestion window (slow-start)

I have noticed that the initial congestion window in my traces is 8920bytes~=6*1448. rfc3390 states the initial cwand should be max 4000 bytes(around 3*1448). At first i thought it might be because i'm running my server on mac os x, so apple might have modified the tcp stack. Therefore I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddayan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)					 1				    WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)

win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher - Registers the script with the SCM, so that it can act as the service with the given name

SYNOPSIS
mixed win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher (string $name) DESCRIPTION
When launched via the Service Control Manager, a service process is required to "check-in" with it to establish service monitoring and communication facilities. This function performs the check-in by spawning a thread to handle the lower-level communication with the service control manager. Once started, the service process should do 2 things. The first is to tell the Service Control Manager that the service is running. This is achieved by calling win32_set_service_status(3) with the WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING constant. If you need to perform some lengthy process before the service is actually running, then you can use the WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING constant. The second is to continue to check-in with the service control manager so that it can determine if it should terminate. This is achieved by periodically calling win32_get_last_control_message(3) and handling the return code appropriately. PARAMETERS
o $name - The short-name of the service, as registered by win32_create_service(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher(3) example Check if the service is runnig under the SCM. <?php if (!win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher('dummyphp')) { die("I'm probably not running under the service control manager"); } win32_set_service_status(WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING); // Some lengthy process to get this service up and running. win32_set_service_status(WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING); while (WIN32_SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP != win32_get_last_control_message()) { # do some work here, trying not to take more than around 30 seconds # before coming back into the loop again } ?> SEE ALSO
win32_set_service_status(3), win32_get_last_control_message(3), Win32 Error Codes. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_START_SERVICE_CTRL_DISPATCHER(3)