Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bff package
Operating Systems AIX bff package Post 302585161 by dukessd on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 07:34:39 PM
Old 12-27-2011
checkout the bffcreate command...

Help -

You can use it to list the fileset in a bff.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. AIX

Creating/Installing a bff

I posted my question here regarding creating/installing a bff package to a directory of user's choice (instead of fixed one), still looking for an answer :o mklpp does not seem to handle this. (Can someone confirm?) Can the .toc file edited prior to installing the bff and modified so that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JStone
2 Replies

3. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

4. AIX

howto extract a file from a bff file?

Hi howto extract a file from a bff file? Is it possible? thanks Israel. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iga3725
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. AIX

BFF to ISO conversion

Hi, I did a search but could not find this.I have some bff images of AIX 5.3 and VIOS as well on my windows laptop. I need to create their iso images so that I could load them onto the lpars. I cant ftp/scp etc these images to the box. I also cant copy them to CD and mount them on the AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theaixeman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to avoid errors when moving files in a bff?

I am building a bff using mkinstallp. My template file is : Package Name: svr_exForum Package VRMF: 7.2 Update: N Fileset Fileset Name: svr_exForum.rte Fileset VRMF: 7.2 USRLIBLPPFiles Pre-installation Script: /lppdir/lpp/exForum/F_pre_i ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinl
2 Replies
UPDATE-XMLCATALOG(8)						     xml-core						      UPDATE-XMLCATALOG(8)

NAME
update-xmlcatalog - maintain XML catalog files SYNOPSIS
update-xmlcatalog --add --root --package package --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --del --root --package package --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --add --package package --local local --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --del --package package --local local --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --add --local local --file file --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --del --local local --file file --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --help DESCRIPTION
update-xmlcatalog add entries to and removes entries from the root XML catalog file, a package XML catalog file or a local XML catalog file. OPTIONS
--add Adds the entry to the root XML catalog file, a package XML catalog file or a local XML catalog file. If the XML catalog file does not exist yet, it is automatically created. --del Deletes the entry from the root XML catalog file, the package XML catalog file or the local XML catalog file. A resulting empty XML catalog is not automatically deleted from the filesystem. --file file Indicates a local filename. --id id Indicates the XML catalog file entry identifier. --local local Indicates a local XML catalog file. --package package Indicates a package XML catalog file. --root Indicates the root XML catalog file. --type type Indicates the XML catalog file entry type (public, system, uri). --help Displays the usage information. NOTES
update-xmlcatalog is the de-facto standard tool to be used to maintain XML catalog files on a Debian system, similar to that update-catalog(8) is the standard tool to be used to main SGML catalog files on a Debian system. A Debian XML Policy document to this effect is currently under development. update-xmlcatalog and xmlcatalog(1) are incompatible. The former has an internal database of all the entries in all the XML catalog files it maintains and regenerates the indicated XML catalog file completely from scratch upon an update. The latter updates the indicated XML catalog file directly. This means that any change made to an XML catalog file using xmlcatalog(1) is overwritten the next time that XML catalog file is updated using update-xmlcatalog. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/xml-core/README.Debian AUTHOR
Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2008-10-14 UPDATE-XMLCATALOG(8)