Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add line and remove comment in some script Post 302585122 by nails on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 02:28:11 PM
Old 12-27-2011
This is inefficient, I know, but just delete the string, delete the string with a comment, and then add it to the end of the file.

Code:

#!/bin/ksh

cd /axxhome/prdv/script
if [[ $? -ne 0 ]]
then
   echo "cd error"
fi
for i in *.sh
do
   # look at only 300, 400, and 500 scripts
   if echo "$i" |egrep '300|400|500' > /dev/null
   then
      # delete the string
      sed 's|^\~/bin/chk_env.sh||g' $i > $i.tmp
      # delete the commented string
      sed 's|^#\~/bin/chk_env.sh||g' $i.tmp > $i.tmp1
      # add the string
      echo "~/bin/chk_env.sh" >> $i.tmp1
      # rename when it works
      #mv $i.tmp1 $i
   fi
done

You probably can get by without using the sed command that deletes the string with a comment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a comment line in a text file

Hi I need to add a comment line at the begining of a text file. The scenario is given below. 1. The number of servers that needs to be updated is around 80 2. The location of the text file in all the servers are the same including the file name. 3. The comment has to be added at the very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orakhan
2 Replies

2. Programming

remove single-line comment

Does anyone knows how to write a program to remove single-line comment in C program? that means it don't read anything behind // (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Icy002
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help (remove line::parse again::add line)

Aloha! I have just over 1k of users that have permissions that they shouldn't under our system. I need to parse a provided list of usernames, check their permissions file, and strip the permissions that they are not allowed to have. If upon the permissions strip they are left with no permissions,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malumake
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the comment symbol ' from a file.

I want to remove the commented lines in a file identified by ' symbol at the start of each ine. A sample example will be like: Input ----- 'IFerr_flag=0THEN iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then Output -------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and uncomment a line with Shell Script

Requirement is: 1. comment and uncomment the line with Shell Script: /opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET (using fastpg.exe as a search option) 2. display = "Commented" (when its commented) and display = "Uncommented" (when its uncommented) Its urgent, please let me asap!!! Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Add and Remove Records only from first line/last line

Hi, I need help with a maybe total simple issue but somehow I am not getting it. I am not able to etablish a sed or awk command which is adding to the first line in a text and removing only from the last line the ",". The file is looking like follow: TABLE1, TABLE2, . . . TABLE99,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enjoy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need perl regular expression to remove the comment

I need a perl substitution to remove only the comment in the line . That line may have '#' with in double quotes .I used the following , s/(^.*\".+?#.+?\".+?)(#.*)/$1/g It works for , print " not a comment # not a comment " . "not a comment # not a comment" ; # It is a comment ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthigayan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add comment on last line if found match

Hi All, totally new on it , normally use it for just 1 line. i'm looking for help. i'm have 2 file. file 1 : -------------------------------------------------- c12 c1 c3 -------------------------------------------------- file 2: other content ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using awk to find and replace a line, how to ignore comment lines

Hello, I have some code that works more or less. This is called by a make file to adjust some hard-coded definitions in the src code. The script generated some values by looking at some of the src files and then writes those values to specific locations in other files. The awk code is used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove Comment Lines From Script/Input File

Hello, I have a SAS code that predominantly has comments line and the real code like below and i want to remove ONLY THE COMMENTS from the code in the single line or spanned across multiple lines. /******************************************************************** *** This Is a Comment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arooonatr
4 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. If the init script file does not exist, the script tries to use legacy actions. If there is no suitable legacy action found and COMMAND is one of actions specified in LSB Core Specification, input is redirected to the systemctl. Otherwise the command fails with return code 2. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
chkconfig(8), ntsysv(8), systemd(1), systemctl(8), systemd.service(5) Jan 2006 service(8)