Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making case insensitive in awk Post 302584998 by vivek d r on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 04:01:45 AM
Old 12-27-2011
Making case insensitive in awk

here is a statement
Code:
awk '/CREATE PROCEDURE/,/[dD]elimiter/' "$file1" > onlyproc1.sql

which mean cut from create procedure to Delimiter or delimiter and paste it in onlyproc1.sql... my query is how to make this case insensitive.. that is i want the above code to work whther it is Delimiter or delimiter or DEMILITER..

do i have to use something like this or is there any shortway to make it case insensitive...?
Code:
awk '/CREATE PROCEDURE/,/[dD][eE][lL][iI][mM][iI][tT][eE][rR]/' "$file1" > onlyproc1.sql

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case-insensitive serach with awk

Is there any way to do case insensitive search with awk for the below statement: month1=`awk '/month/' ${trgfile} | cut -d"=" -f2` the "month" could come as Month, mOnth,MONTH etc. in a file. Now I am looking for "month".... Thanks, AC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheepi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk case-insensitive

can I tell awk to be case insensitive for one operation without setting the ignorecase value ? thanks, Steffen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive search with AWK

Hi All, How we can perform case-insensitive search with AWK.:rolleyes: regards, Sam (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making expr match case insensitive...

here is the condition i am using ] how to make this case insesntive... that is it should work with smaller case of "index" too... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making case insensitive perl statement

cat > tble blah blah blah sdfsdf dsdf sdf .d.f ..df .. sdf.. create table NextID ( id int auto_increment, zoneID int, entityName varchar(64), nextID int, lastModified TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, primary... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

making sed command case insensitive

i have something like this in a file cat onlytables.sql create table NextID ( id int auto_increment, zoneID int, entityName varchar(64), nextID int, lastModified TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, primary... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use case insensitive variable in ksh shell scripting using sed or awk

I am using a variable called $variable in a pattern search to print from a starting variable to a constant value. the variable search should be case in sensitive. i tired using Ip at the end in the below command. but in ksh it is not working. sed -n "/$variable/,/constant/p" file i also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjs
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output piped to case insensitive awk

I have an encrypted password file, and I've created a simple script to search the password file for a particular record. There are multiple lines per record, so I'm using a record delimiter. #!/bin/bash PATTERN=$1 openssl des3 -d -salt -in ~/docs/pass.des3 | awk '{ FS="\n" ; RS="*" }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0rac1e
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Making SED case insensitive

Dears, In the below string, please let me know how to make the sed search case-incensitive. I have more such lines in my script instead of let me know any other easier option. sed -n '/dn: MSISDN=/,/^\s*$/p' full.ldif > temp ; sed -n... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using awk to search case insensitive

Hello , Using the below scrip to search a string in a file , by case-insensitively Please assist on using the toupper() as getting error !. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x curr_dir=`pwd` file_ctr=0 printf "\n Reviewing the output file from the directory: %s \n\n" $curr_dir ls -latr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
CREATE CONSTRAINT 
TRIGGER(7) SQL Commands CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER(7) NAME
CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER - define a new constraint trigger SYNOPSIS
CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER name AFTER event [ OR ... ] ON table_name [ FROM referenced_table_name ] { NOT DEFERRABLE | [ DEFERRABLE ] { INITIALLY IMMEDIATE | INITIALLY DEFERRED } } FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE funcname ( arguments ) DESCRIPTION
CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER creates a constraint trigger. This is the same as a regular trigger except that the timing of the trigger firing can be adjusted using SET CONSTRAINTS [set_constraints(7)]. Constraint triggers must be AFTER ROW triggers. They can be fired either at the end of the statement causing the triggering event, or at the end of the containing transaction; in the latter case they are said to be deferred. A pending deferred-trigger firing can also be forced to happen immediately by using SET CONSTRAINTS. PARAMETERS
name The name of the constraint trigger. This is also the name to use when modifying the trigger's behavior using SET CONSTRAINTS. The name cannot be schema-qualified -- the trigger inherits the schema of its table. event One of INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE; this specifies the event that will fire the trigger. Multiple events can be specified using OR. table_name The (possibly schema-qualified) name of the table in which the triggering events occur. referenced_table_name The (possibly schema-qualified) name of another table referenced by the constraint. This option is used for foreign-key constraints and is not recommended for general use. DEFERRABLE NOT DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE INITIALLY DEFERRED The default timing of the trigger. See the CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] documentation for details of these constraint options. funcname The function to call when the trigger is fired. See CREATE TRIGGER [create_trigger(7)] for details. arguments Optional argument strings to pass to the trigger function. See CREATE TRIGGER [create_trigger(7)] for details. COMPATIBILITY
CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER is a PostgreSQL extension of the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE TRIGGER [create_trigger(7)], DROP TRIGGER [drop_trigger(7)], SET CONSTRAINTS [set_constraints(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER(7)