Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Hide my ip software for linux Post 302584886 by mark54g on Monday 26th of December 2011 09:58:40 AM
Old 12-26-2011
What are you trying to accomplish and what do you mean by "hide my ip"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide password on Linux?

Hi falks, I have the following ksh code: echo "Enter VS Admin password:" oldstty=`stty -g` stty -echo intr '$-' read password stty $oldstty echo This code ask from a user to enter his password. The OS suppose to hide the entering of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What do you think the best linux software is.

Im am interested in switching to linux, I am sick of dealing with windows. I know a decent amount about computer, and alot about windows. But not much about Unix. Although i am learing it for school. for school we use fedora core which I find cool and interesting. But in your opinion what i the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekmpage
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Macbook - Best way to use Linux software?

I've bought a Macbook today and I was wondering what the best way to use Linux software is? Obviously there are bundles of considerations involved like library usage and package management. Is there a package management solution and if there is does it merely blindly recompile the Linux options... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G_Morgan
2 Replies

4. Linux

Software RAID on Linux

Hey, I have worked with Linux for some time, but have not gotten into the specifics of hard drive tuning or software RAID. This is about to change. I have a Dell PowerEdge T105 at home and I am purchasing the following: 1GBx4 DDR2 ECC PC6400 RAM Rosewill RSV-5 E-Sata 5 bay disk enclosure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
6 Replies

5. Linux

CD Burning in Linux, GUI Software

Hi.. I just brought a CD writer. It has nero for windows bundled with it. I found nero very easy to use as well as usefull.. I then see that wht we have in linux.. I found that in my Redhat 9 i have two CD writers software but both are no where nare nero... So is there any GUI based cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

6. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide password from processes in Linux

i have a shell script which calls a java program with username and password arguments. #!/bin/ksh #set some classpaths here #finally run the command java com.test -u $U -p $P Now when i run it, the password shows up in the list of processes. I am not the admin on the server so cant... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesb2b
3 Replies

8. AIX

Linux software on AIX 5.3

Hi Team, On a client requirement, we need to install below Linux software on IBM AIX 5.3 operating system, Apache Maven 3.2.3 MySQL 5.1.73, Sonarqube 4.1.2, Apache Tomcat 7.0.42, Jenkins 1.549 Please tell us whether above tool versions are compatible to AIX 5.3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnr.simha23
4 Replies
PLYMOUTH(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       PLYMOUTH(1)

NAME
plymouth - Send commands to plymouthd SYNOPSIS
plymouth [OPTION...] plymouth COMMAND [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The plymouth sends commands to a running plymouthd. This is used during the boot process to control the display of the graphical boot splash. OPTIONS
The following options are understood. These options are supported for compatibility with the old rhgb-client interface, and have been replaced by the commands that are described in the next section. --help Show summary of options. --debug Enable verbose debug logging. --get-splash-plugin-path Get directory where splash plugins are installed. --newroot=[STRING] Tell plymouthd that the new root filesystem is mounted. --quit Tell plymouthd to quit. --ping Check if plymouthd is running. --has-active-vt Check if plymouthd has an active vt. --sysinit Tell plymouthd root filesystem is mounted read-write. --show-splash Show the splash screen. --hide-splash Hide the splash screen. --ask-for-password Ask the user for a password. --ignore-keystroke=[STRING] Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --update=[STRING] Tell plymouthd an update about boot progress. --details Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. --wait Wait for plymouthd to quit. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: change-mode OPTION Change the operation mode. --boot-up Start the system up --shutdown Shutting the system up --updates Applying updates system-update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot progress. --progress=INTEGER The percentage progress of the updates update OPTION Tell plymouthd about boot status changes. --status=STRING Tell plymouthd the current boot status update-root-fs OPTION Tell plymouthd about root filesystem changes. --new-root-dir=STRING Root filesystem is about to change --read-write Root filesystem is no longer read-only show-splash Tell plymouthd to show splash screen. hide-splash Tell plymouthd to hide splash screen. ask-for-password OPTION Ask the user for a password. --command=STRING Command to send password to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking for password --number-of-tries=INTEGER Number of times to ask before giving up (requires --command) --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking ask-question Ask the user a question. --command=STRING Command to send the answer to via standard input --prompt=STRING Message to display when asking the question --dont-pause-progress Don't pause boot progress bar while asking display-message OPTION Display a message. --text=STRING The message text hide-message OPTION Hide a message. --text=STRING The message text watch-keystroke OPTION Become sensitive to a keystroke. --command=STRING Command to send keystroke to via standard input --keys=STRING Keys to become sensitive to ignore-keystroke OPTION Remove sensitivity to a keystroke. --keys=STRING Keys to remove sensitivitiy from pause-progress Pause boot progress bar. unpause-progress Unpause boot progress bar. report-error Tell plymouthd there were errors during boot. deactivate Tell plymouthd to deactivate. reactivate Tell plymouthd to reactivate. quit OPTION Tell plymouthd to quit. --retain-splash Don't explicitly hide boot splash on exit SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth(8), plymouthd(8), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth plymouth PLYMOUTH(1)