Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris packages and installation query Post 302584883 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 26th of December 2011 09:43:30 AM
Old 12-26-2011
Code:
which pfiles

should help you to find the path to a command... a package doesn't have a path. a package contains files which will be copied to the filesystem...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 10 installation query

Dear all I've downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun's website. The Operating system installation files are on 4 CD's. I boot with the first CD and start the installation. Then it reboots and start the installation al over again. If I take the CD out during the 1st reboot, then it cannot continue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin packages installation page

Hihi, another question for Cygwin gurus... While im installing, there are many packages that can be installed. Beside each packages, there are three columns: status Keep, Reinstall, Uninstall, Source bin? "blank", "cross", "n/a" src? "blank',... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suraine
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to query packages from a http server.

Hello Unix Gurus, Does anybody have an idea on how to verify packages exist on a remote or ftp server connected through http. Here is my task at hand. We have a central repository in which we retrieve our packages. eg. http://packageserver/packages. What i have done is compiled a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need few packages for installation

I need the following packages to keep my system uptodate. These packages are not present in Solaris U7. I didnt get these packages from Sun freeware site. Please help me where i can get these packages? IS94de812 ISCbemBui ISCbemCli ISCsmMult ISHelpMul ISJavaMul ISLockhar ISSadeCli... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris packages for Oracle grid infrastructure installation

Hello guys, I am trying to install oracle grid infrastructure 11.2 on Solaris 5.11. while I was reading the installation guide to check for the software requirements, there were two packages mentioned for the Solars 5.11. They are as follows pkg://solaris/developer/build/make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zacsparrow
2 Replies

8. SuSE

Query on Linux Patch Installation

Hello Experts, I need your inputs to figure out the issue I faced post applying Linux patch. Question: As a part of change implementation UNIX team applied patches and upgraded OS from version SuSE Linux 11.2.3 to 11.3.6. Post upgrade we could bring up Tomcat successfully; however... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaheshChaudhari
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Are SUNWaccu and SUNWless default packages of x86 installation ?

Hi, This question is not for troubleshooting, but want to get some clarification. In few of our Solaris-10 x86 servers, there are no SUNWaccu and SUNWless packages, so sar is not present. These are old servers, so not sure, when and how these were build. Now, there is a big push from application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies
site-lib(5)							File Formats Manual						       site-lib(5)

NAME
site-lib - [Location of package directories] STANDARD LAYOUT
...somewhere in the filesystem hierarchy... | site-lib | +- (optional) stublibs +- (optional) postinstall +- (optional) postremove | +- package1 | | | +- META | +- archive files | +- interface definitions | +- package2 + : : packageN DESCRIPTION
Every installation of "findlib" has a default location for package directories, which is normally a directory called "site-lib". The loca- tion can be set by the configuration variables path (used to look up packages), and destdir (used to install new packages); see find- lib.conf. The name of a package is the name of the package directory. For example, if destdir=/usr/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib, the package p will be installed in the subdirectory /usr/local/lib/ocaml/site-lib/p. This subdirectory must contain the META file and all other files belonging to the package. Package names must not contain the '.' character. The variable destdir specifies the directory for new packages. You can only have one such directory at a time; but of course you can change this directory in findlib.conf. The command ocamlfind install puts new packages into this directory; it is recommended to use this command for installation because it ensures that the directory layout is right. For searching packages, findlib uses (only) the variable path which may name several locations to look at. For systems with DLL support another directory may exist: stublibs. If present, findlib will install DLLs into this directory that is shared by all packages at the same site-lib location. Findlib remembers which DLL belongs to which package by special files with the suffix ".owner"; e.g. for the DLL "dllpcre.so" there is another file "dllpcre.so.owner" containing the string "pcre", so findlib knows that the package "pcre" owns this DLL. It is not possible that a DLL is owned by several packages. If the stublibs directory does not exist, DLLs are installed regularly in the package directories like any other file. For special needs, a postinstall and/or a postremove script may be installed in the site-lib directory. These scripts are invoked after installation or removal of a package, respectively. ALTERNATE LAYOUT
...somewhere in the filesystem hierarchy... | site-lib | +- (optional) stublibs +- (optional) postinstall +- (optional) postremove | +- package1 | | | +- archive files | +- interface definitions | +- package2 + : : : packageN | metaregistry | +- META.package1 +- META.package2 + : META.packageN This is an alternate directory layout collecting all META files in one directory. You can configure this layout by setting path to the absolute location of metaregistry. Findlib recognizes that there are META files in this directory and uses them; it is not necessary to include site-lib into the path. In order to work, the META files must contain a directory directive pointing to the corresponding package directory that resides below site-lib. The command ocamlfind install copes with this layout, too. The variable destdir must contain the absolute location of site-lib, and the variable metadir must contain the absolute location of metaregistry. Note that ocamlfind install automatically adds a directory directive to the META file, so you need not do it manually. User Manual The findlib package manager for OCaml site-lib(5)