Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris packages and installation query Post 302584880 by mohtashims on Monday 26th of December 2011 09:02:25 AM
Old 12-26-2011
Error

This tries to answer only one of the two questions asked. Also,

Code:
/usr/sbin/pkgchk -l -p pfiles
NOTE: Couldn't lock the package database.

Is the above what you asked me to check for ?

Fyi ...
Code:
uname -a
SunOS mymachine 5.10 Generic_144488-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220

Kindly help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 10 installation query

Dear all I've downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun's website. The Operating system installation files are on 4 CD's. I boot with the first CD and start the installation. Then it reboots and start the installation al over again. If I take the CD out during the 1st reboot, then it cannot continue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin packages installation page

Hihi, another question for Cygwin gurus... While im installing, there are many packages that can be installed. Beside each packages, there are three columns: status Keep, Reinstall, Uninstall, Source bin? "blank", "cross", "n/a" src? "blank',... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suraine
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to query packages from a http server.

Hello Unix Gurus, Does anybody have an idea on how to verify packages exist on a remote or ftp server connected through http. Here is my task at hand. We have a central repository in which we retrieve our packages. eg. http://packageserver/packages. What i have done is compiled a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need few packages for installation

I need the following packages to keep my system uptodate. These packages are not present in Solaris U7. I didnt get these packages from Sun freeware site. Please help me where i can get these packages? IS94de812 ISCbemBui ISCbemCli ISCsmMult ISHelpMul ISJavaMul ISLockhar ISSadeCli... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris packages for Oracle grid infrastructure installation

Hello guys, I am trying to install oracle grid infrastructure 11.2 on Solaris 5.11. while I was reading the installation guide to check for the software requirements, there were two packages mentioned for the Solars 5.11. They are as follows pkg://solaris/developer/build/make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zacsparrow
2 Replies

8. SuSE

Query on Linux Patch Installation

Hello Experts, I need your inputs to figure out the issue I faced post applying Linux patch. Question: As a part of change implementation UNIX team applied patches and upgraded OS from version SuSE Linux 11.2.3 to 11.3.6. Post upgrade we could bring up Tomcat successfully; however... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaheshChaudhari
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Are SUNWaccu and SUNWless default packages of x86 installation ?

Hi, This question is not for troubleshooting, but want to get some clarification. In few of our Solaris-10 x86 servers, there are no SUNWaccu and SUNWless packages, so sar is not present. These are old servers, so not sure, when and how these were build. Now, there is a big push from application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)