Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using arrays and also help with array.contains functionality Post 302584867 by vivek d r on Monday 26th of December 2011 07:57:06 AM
Old 12-26-2011
@ahamed.. thanks a lot your code worked for me :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl array of arrays

Hi, I am trying to assign an array as a value to one of the array element, I mean I have an array @KS and array @kr. I want array @KS to hold @kr as an element. So I am doin this $KS=@kr; But the value stored is number of elements in the @kr array. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching array of arrays in perl

Suppose there are two arrays of arrays: @A = ( , , , ); @B = ( , , , , ); For each of $A, $A, $A..., I want to find the corresponding one in @B (match the letter, like $A eq $B), and print out both the second item, for example, $A and $B. How can I do this in perl? grep + map? Hope I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zx1106
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP arrays as array elements

PHP question...I posted this on the Web Development forum, but maybe this is a better place! I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

4. Programming

Perl arrays and loop through array

Hi All I need to get <STDIN> from a user. the <STDIN> is a range of number delimited by "," (comma) and can be with range delimited by "-". Example: 1,2,3,4-9,12,15,34-36,70 Now I need to get this from the user and go on each number and "Do something"... but when trying to do this as above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedGrinGo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - need help with 2 arrays to hash or 2d array?

I have 2 arrays: @array1 outputs the following: 1 1 1 2 @array2 outputs the following A B C D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

7. Programming

Making an array of 2D arrays in C

I hate I'm asking for help again. Unfortunately it seems there just aren't any links I can find on making an array that holds a bunch of two dimensional arrays. Maybe my google-fu is lacking. Basically I have a header file like this: #define MATRIX 10 int white_l1; int white_l2; int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

8. Programming

Calling an array of arrays in C.

Corona688 was great in helping me learn how to create arrays that hold other two dimensional array here. Unfortunately I didn't think ask about how to implement or call them. Basically, I'm trying to call an array of two-dimensional arrays like this: declaration: int (*side_one) = { { white_l1,... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Programming

Looping an array of 2d arrays in C

Le sigh... Hopefully this will be the last time I have to ask for help on this topic. For a while now I've been working with a 1d array that holds 2d arrays. For reference you can view here. Now I'm just trying to loop through the elements with the following: #include <stdio.h> void... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiply elements of 2 arrays together into another array

So I need to Write an array processing program using a Linux shell programming language to perform the following. Load array X of 20 numbers from an input file X. Load array Y of 20 numbers from an input file Y. Compute array Z by multiply Xi * Yi then compute the square-root of this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarapham409
2 Replies
SyncExec(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SyncExec(3pm)

NAME
Proc::SyncExec - Spawn processes but report exec() errors SYNOPSIS
# Normal-looking piped opens which properly report exec() errors in $!: sync_open WRITER_FH, "|command -with args" or die $!; sync_open READER_FH, "command -with args|" or die $!; # Synchronized fork/exec which reports exec errors in $!: $pid = sync_exec $command, @arg; $pid = sync_exec $code_ref, $cmd, @arg; # run code after fork in kid # fork() which retries if it fails, then croaks() if it still fails. $pid = fork_retry; $pid = fork_retry 100; # retry 100 times rather than 5 $pid = fork_retry 100, 2; # sleep 2 rather than 5 seconds between # A couple of interfaces similar to sync_open() but which let you # avoid the shell: $pid = sync_fhpopen_noshell READERFH, 'r', @command; $pid = sync_fhpopen_noshell WRITERFH, 'w', @command; $fh = sync_popen_noshell 'r', @command_which_outputs; $fh = sync_popen_noshell 'w', @command_which_inputs; ($fh, $pid) = sync_popen_noshell 'r', @command_which_outputs; ($fh, $pid)= sync_popen_noshell 'w', @command_which_inputs; DESCRIPTION
This module contains functions for synchronized process spawning with full error return. If the child's exec() call fails the reason for the failure is reported back to the parent. These functions will croak() if they encounter an unexpected system error, such as a pipe() failure or a repeated fork() failure. Nothing is exported by default. fork_retry [max-retries [sleep-between]] This function runs fork() until it succeeds or until max-retries (default 5) attempts have been made, sleeping sleep-between seconds (default 5) between attempts. If the last fork() fails fork_retry croak()s. sync_exec [code] command... This function is similar to a fork()/exec() sequence but with a few twists. sync_exec does not return until after the fork()ed child has already performed its exec(). The synchronization this provides is useful in some unusual circumstances. Normally the pid of the child process is returned. However, if the child fails its exec() sync_exec returns undef and sets $! to the reason for the child's exec() failure. Since the @cmd array is passed directly to Perl's exec() Perl might choose to invoke the command via the shell if @cmd contains only one element and it looks like it needs a shell to interpret it. If this happens the return value of sync_exec only indicates whether the exec() of the shell worked. The optional initial code argument must be a code reference. If it is present it is run in the child just before exec() is called. You can use this to set up redirections or whatever. If code returns false no exec is performed, instead a failure is returned using the current $! value (or EINTR if $! is 0). If the fork() fails or if there is some other unexpected system error sync_exec croak()s rather than returning. sync_fhpopen_noshell fh type cmd [arg]... This is a popen() but it never invokes the shell and it uses sync_exec() under the covers. See "sync_exec". The type is either 'r' to read from the process or 'w' to write to it. The return value is the pid of the forked process. sync_popen_noshell type cmd arg... This is like sync_fhpopen_noshell, but you don't have to supply the filehandle. If called in an array context the return value is a list consisting of the filehandle and the PID of the child. In a scalar context only the filehandle is returned. sync_open fh [open-spec] This is like a Perl open() except that if a pipe is involved and the implied exec() fails sync_open() fails with $! set appropriately. See "sync_exec". Like sync_exec, sync_open croak()s if there is an unexpected system error (such as a failed pipe()). Also like sync_exec, if you use a command which Perl needs to use the shell to interpret you'll only know if the exec of the shell worked. Use sync_fhpopen_noshell or sync_exec to be sure that this doesn't happen. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.8.8 2005-02-04 SyncExec(3pm)