Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris aggr not persistent after a reboot Post 302584489 by bitlord on Friday 23rd of December 2011 11:09:07 AM
Old 12-23-2011
My co-worker just just did this on a Solaris 10 server.
He did it like this
Code:
dladm create-aggr -L active -l net0 -l net1 0
Also the hosts file like this.
::1 nas1 localhost
127.0.0.1 nas1 localhost loghost
192.168.1.222 nas1
192.168.1.224 nas1aggr  <--is this the right hostname?

My co worker made 4 ports on 2 different NIC that the same IP.

If this is not what you want, sorry.

Last edited by bitlord; 12-27-2011 at 11:34 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

named pipe with persistent buffer

Hey folks, i need communicate between 2 processes in a reliable manner. The information delivery has to be guarenteed. I thought about proc 2 sending a signal to proc 1 when information has being written to disc and wirte() has been verified (sync/flush). The IPC method for the data is named... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heck
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Persistent variable

I found a way to make a numeric variable persistent for a script : #!/bin/bash function Persist() { # 1:Expression like VARIABLE=Value (numeric) local V=${1%=*} eval "$1" sed -i "s/^$V=*/$1/" $(which $(basename $0)) || return 1 }And how to use itAA=12 read -p "Enter a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frans
2 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP Persistent IP blacklisted

Hi, I want to use the service IP incase for any network activity rather than the persistent IP as the Persistent IP is blacklisted in our network. Is there any way to make the service ip as LPARs default IP to be used as the lpars source IP incase it pings anything or acceses any external... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to add persistent IP

i am trying to make HACMP but when i add a persistent ip, error shows unable to determine address for 'UPIDGIS1_pers' pls help me out AIX - 5.3 HACMP -5.4 thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
2 Replies

6. AIX

PowerHA, same subnet for persistent and service ip

I am new in AIX and please forgive my poor english. I know that AIX allow same subnet IPs for different interfaces, which result in multipath routing / route striping. My question is, is there any best practice for the persistent and service IP with same subnet to stay on same interface, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
5 Replies

7. War Stories

Why am I persistent to be WRONG!

:wall::wall::wall::wall: I am sharing some techno-geeky-work related issue, which can best be dissected here only. I am expecting more of a discussion,as serious as when two guys sharing experience over smoke and beer. The thing is, till now i have been only a student, so never cared about how... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
10 Replies

8. Programming

Python Request Persistent

I noticed that when attempting to download videos from the url, I receive a 403 forbidden when I get through to a certain point in my downloads. I can download a third of the videos but will error: Retrieving file 'blah-video.f4v'... Traceback (most recent call last): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. AIX

BootIP vs Persistent IP in HACMP

I have done other clusters (HP MC/Service Guard and oracle Clusters, and RHEL Cluster services), and have good idea about hacmp (a little older knowledge). However the term "Boot IP" for some reason is messing with my head. Have not done HACMP since the 4.1.2.X days. Is the Bootip the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Create-aggr failed

Hi, I am trying to create aggregation by using dladm, But am getting the following error. dladm create-aggr -P L2 -l net2 sumaggr2 dladm: create operation failed: link busy I have checked in dladm show-link and the state is "down".. dladm show-link | grep ^net2 net2 phys ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)