Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux server reboot
Operating Systems Linux Linux server reboot Post 302584433 by linuxadmin on Friday 23rd of December 2011 08:18:11 AM
Old 12-23-2011
mark,

The application runs is not a small one. it's a big application. And the server becomes very very slow as it used from morning to evening..

Thus in some servers tomcat / postgre or the Entire system itself reboots.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Reboot the sco server

Dear sir, I am using sco open server 5.06.How we can reboot the system without using root password? Whar are the permision need to change to do this. Thanks, Mostafizur Rahman (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Server Reboot Alert

I want to get an email alert from a cronjob when a server got rebooted unexpectedly. Please help. Thanks! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angloi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

server reboot

hi all, :) for a reboot of sun box for patch installation i would like to know where do the reboot logs apart from /var/adm/messages and patch run messages would be available, i would like to know the sequence of messages logged in the file like requesting the users to log out sending a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

IP setting changes after server reboot

I've recently changed my gateway setting using SMIT. Everything went fine except that the gateway setting kept reverting back to the old one everytime I reboot the server. I'm on AIX 5.2 running p-Series. Thanks for any info. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereklow
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Reboot the server through console

Hi All, I want to know the procedure like if server is down, i want to reboot the server through console ($rsc or $sc prompt).Could you please help me out. I would really appreciate your cooperation. thanks for understanding regards krishna (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shutdown and reboot unix server

Hi, please could someone advise the best command to shutdown and then for it to reboot back online again. Note: I shall be doing this from a telent session. regards venhart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

What is the optimal approach to reboot the linux server

Hi All, Our Linux server were rebooted 723 days before and now We have decided to reboot the server due to server performance. Could someone advise us what is the optimal duration of a server reboot ? Thanks for your time. Best Regards, Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunap44
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Validate mountpoints on solaris server after server reboot

Hi, anyone please let us know how to write shell script to find the missing mountpoints after server reboot. i want to take the mountpount information before server reboot, and validate the mountpoints after server reboot if any missing.please let us know the shell script from begining to end as... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkatReddy786
24 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server reboot

Hi, The server got rebooted and below messages can be seen in /var/log/messages Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: Call Trace: <IRQ> <ffffffff80167420>{__alloc_pages+796} Sep 7 10:49:12 minersville kernel: <ffffffff80182814>{kmem_getpages+106} <ffffffff80183c16>{fallback_alloc+304}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
3 Replies
asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)				   User Commands				asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)

NAME
delete-virtual-server - deletes the virtual server with the named virtual server ID SYNOPSIS
delete-virtual-server --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile file- name] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] virtual_server_id Deletes the virtual server with the named virtual server ID. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
virtual_server_id identifies the unique ID for the virtual server to be created. This virtual server ID cannot begin with a number. Example 1: Using delete-virtual-server asadmin> delete-virtual-server --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sample_vs1 Command delete-virtual-server executed successfully Where sample_vs1 is the virtual server deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS)