Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Looking for AIX Practical Experience Post 302584375 by gito on Friday 23rd of December 2011 01:34:08 AM
Old 12-23-2011
Practical experience is will be hard
You can buy your self some cheap power4.
But on power 4 you will be able to play only with OS,
maybe some WPARs.

But this what is making this system architecture different is visualization and machine that would allow you to play with that is to expensive.

There is a lot of online trainings quite big bunch of them you can find here
Index of /systems/power/community/aix/AIX_Movies

Also on Youtube you will find a lot of good movies
I would start from that .

You should think about some training
Aix Jumpstat could be a good idea
IBM Course description: AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (Self-paced Virtual Class) - IBM Training - United States

Maybe your new employer can arrange it for you

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Can a Pentium III (450mhz) have any practical use these days?

Having had a big sort out at work I've brought home 3 Dell Dimension XPS-450 PCs. I've installed Ubuntu Linux on one which went fine, everything works, network, sound, Graphics Drivers etc. and it can see all the other PCs & storage on my network and can use the Shared printers from other PCs on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Practical

Hello Today I had a beautiful test to write some commands using Ubuntu, now I want to make sure of my answers to be reassured, if I had a mistake please correct me List all files details under ubuntu Desktop. my answer: cd Desktop |ls -l Navigate to your Desktop directory and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S4K
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparing experience with AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris

I'm investigating AIX/HP-UX/Solaris for use in a research environment. Although there is plenty of technical documentation online, some important questions can only be answered from long user experience. I'd like to hear whatever you can contribute if you can compare at least two of these. To... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenp
16 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Don't understand the practical difference between command aliases and environmental variables

Hey, I'm recently learning Unix from the video course by Kevin Scoglund. I'm stuck at the moment where he goes into Environmenat variables. I have some issues with understanding what's the essential difference between EV and command aliases: for instance, by writing the command alias ll='ls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
3 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)