Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merge 2 files and sum in ksh
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Merge 2 files and sum in ksh Post 302584337 by maddysa on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 09:29:21 PM
Old 12-22-2011
I used awk to merge but , SGNAME if file 1 is not displayed ;total i want to do later...

awk 'FNR == NR { arr[$0]=$2; next }
{ $(NF+1)=($1 in arr) ? arr[$1] : " "; print }' file1 file2
i get output like...

LUN 1997 LUN UID 60:06:01:60:20:84:24:00:BE:00:F9:CD:84:97SmilieE:11 LUN Cap 76800 MB
LUN 2015 LUN UID 60:06:01:60:20:84:24:00:9C:85:B8:5D:FD:B2SmilieE:11 LUN Cap 76800 MB
LUN 1946 LUN UID 60:06:01:60:35:84:24:00:FD:56:6D:1F:85:97SmilieE:11 LUN Cap 76800 MB
LUN 2002 LUN UID 60:06:01:60:35:84:24:00:CD:2C:F1:BE:84:97SmilieE:11 LUN Cap 76800 MB

I need SGNAME and the respective LUNS under SGNAME ;again SGNAME LUNs kind of pattern... tried using Join again the same missing SGNAME....

nawk is not working ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sum values from 2 different files?

Hi I am trying to add count values from two different files into one file. Could any body please suggest me best command to do this? My problem was as follows: a.txt b.txt c.txt 10 20 30(needed) i tried cat a.txt b.txt > c.txt (its not adding the values) Thanks in advance.. Praveen (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npk2210
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files of differrent size with one field common in both files using awk

hi, i am facing a problem in merging two files using awk, the problem is as stated below, file1: A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|1 M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|2 AA|BB|CC|DD|EE|FF|GG|HH|II|1 .... .... .... file2 : 1|Mn|op|qr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi1982
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUM of Backup Files

Hello Everyone, I'm struggiling with backup issues and need to sum up sizes of backup files monthly and add the result to the next month's sum recursively. For this i have a well working script that i modified as i showed below and this part gives the sum of the file sizes under working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines if pattern matches in ksh

I have a file like this. Pls help me to solve this . (I should look for only Message : 111 and need to print the start time to end time Need to ignore other type of messages. Ex: if first message is 111 and second message is 000 or anything else then ignore the 2nd one and print start time of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnjx
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sum 2 files?

i have arq1.txt , like this: 1 2 3 4 5 and another arq2.txt 1 2 3 4 5 how to make this: 2 4 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beandj
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sum the columns of files

I have several csv files like this: file1.csv 1 12 1 2 8 9 3 9 2 4 5 9 ... file2.csv 1 0 1 2 2 3 3 4 1 ... file3.csv 1 0 1 2 4 0 ... I want the result like this 1 12 3 2 14 12 3 13 3 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frewise
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum Numbers from different files

Hi All, I need to print the sum of numbers from different files. Input files: file1.out 10 20 30 file2.out 10 20 30 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking in a directory how many files are present and basing on that merge all the files

Hi, My requirement is,there is a directory location like: :camp/current/ In this location there can be different flat files that are generated in a single day with same header and the data will be different, differentiated by timestamp, so i need to verify how many files are generated... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and generate a resume in two files

Dear Gents, Please I need your help... I need small script :) to do the following. I have a thousand of files in a folder produced daily. I need first to merge all files called. txt (0009.txt, 0010.txt, 0011.txt) and and to output a resume of all information on 2 separate files in csv... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
TARG(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   TARG(4)

NAME
targ -- SCSI target emulator driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device targ DESCRIPTION
The targ driver provides an interface for usermode programs to emulate SCSI target devices. A sample program that emulates a disk drive (similar to da(4)) can be found in /usr/share/examples/scsi_target. The targ driver supplies control devices, /dev/targ0, /dev/targ1, etc. If a device is already in use, open(2) will fail and errno will be set to EBUSY. After opening the device, the file descriptor must be bound to a specific bus/target/LUN and enabled to process CCBs using the TARGIOCENABLE ioctl. The process then uses write(2) to send CCBs to the SIM and poll(2) or kqueue(2) to see if responses are ready. Point- ers to completed CCBs are returned via read(2). Any data transfers requested by the user CCBs are done via zero-copy IO. IOCTLS
The following ioctl(2) calls are defined in the header file <cam/scsi/scsi_targetio.h>. TARGIOCENABLE (struct ioc_enable_lun) Enable target mode on the LUN specified by the following structure: struct ioc_enable_lun { path_id_t path_id; target_id_t target_id; lun_id_t lun_id; int grp6_len; int grp7_len; }; The selected path (bus), target, and LUN must not already be in use or EADDRINUSE is returned. If grp6_len or grp7_len are non-zero, reception of vendor-specific commands is enabled. TARGIOCDISABLE Disable target mode and abort all pending CCBs. The CCBs may optionally be read as they complete. TARGIOCENABLE can then be called to activate a different LUN. Multiple disable calls have no effect. The close(2) system call automatically disables target mode if enabled. TARGIOCDEBUG (int) Enables CAM_PERIPH debugging if the argument is non-zero, otherwise disables it. FILES
<cam/scsi/scsi_targetio.h> describes the usermode interface. /sys/cam/scsi/scsi_target.c is the driver source file. /dev/targ* are the control devices. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/examples/scsi_target, ahc(4), isp(4), scsi(4) FreeBSD Target Information, http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/. AUTHORS
The targ driver first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0 and was written by Justin T. Gibbs. It was rewritten for FreeBSD 5.0 by Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>. BUGS
Currently, only the ahc(4) and isp(4) drivers fully support target mode. The ahc(4) driver does not support tagged queuing in target mode. BSD
November 15, 2002 BSD