Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RegEX question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting RegEX question Post 302584284 by ctsgnb on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 03:06:08 PM
Old 12-22-2011
What output do you expect ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regex question

hi, i got a problem with understanding regular expressions. what i wanna do is scanning the wtmp logfile for ips and if a specific ip is echoed id like to be a part of a text to be assigned to it. the scanning is done with #! /bin/bash cat wtmp | strings | egrep -o "+\.+\.+\." | sort -u... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocketkids
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex question

I have a simple file test.out that contains data in the form of key1=A|shift1 key2=B|shift2 key3=C|shift3 and so on. I need to get it to print A B C I can do it using lookbehind assertion such as this ( ?<==)() yet I was wondering if there is another way of mutching single... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex question

Hi I have a question on regex There is a line in a script like my_file="$(echo SunMonTueWed | sed "s//_&g") " My question what does the expression _&g do. Obviously in this example the output is _Sun_Mon_Tue_Wed Another question can i use some trick to get the result like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex question

Hi, im sure this is really simple but i cant quite figure it out. how do i test against a word at the beginning of the line but up to the point of a delimiter i.e. ":" for example if i wanted to test against the user in the /etc/passwd file peter:x:101:100:peters account:/var/peter:/bin/sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on regex with * and .

I have a basic question regarding * and . while using regex: # echo 3 | grep ^*$ 3 I think I understood why it outputs "3" here (because '*' matches zero or more of the previous character) but I don't understand the output of the following command: # echo 3 | grep ^.$ # I thought I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirage
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regex question

I have dates in mm/dd/yy format that I wish to convert to yy-mm-dd format. ()/()/() finds them, but when I try to replace with $3-$1-$2 both kate and kwrite treat it as a text literal. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: porphyry5
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex question

Hi guys, I have a file in the following format: cmpr5551 cmpr6002 cmpr93 anne 5454 bbro 434 cmprsvc cmprsvc7 ffgi55 vefe99 cmprsvc8 cmprsvc9 I need to "grep" only the entries which start with "cmpr" followed by the number. All other entries should be excluded. I was trying to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex question

Hi guys, I am trying to "grep" or "egrep" the following entry out of the file using regex: MACCDB1 or MACCDB2 The problem is that the file might contain other entries which start with "MACCDB" string. I was trying to use regex to "grep" the exact pattern but it fails to output the correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex Question

Hi I am trying to match lines having following string BIND dn="uid= putting something like this is not working : /\sBIND dn="uid=/ Any suggestion. Thanks. John (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex question

I want to match all occurrence of 01,03,05,07,10,11 at 9th and 10th position of a string . I tried the following but its also matching characters like 33 or 11 on 9th and 10th position . sed "/^\{8\}00/d" A.TXT 000000001000 433483433339 <<< wrong 121121211100 <<< wrong 167710000110... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: boncuk
10 Replies
runtest(1)						      General Commands Manual							runtest(1)

NAME
runtest - the DejaGnu test driver program SYNOPSIS
runtest [ options ] DESCRIPTION
DejaGnu is a framework for running test suites on GNU tools. It is written in expect, which uses Tcl (Tool command language). runtest is the test driver program; use it to control what tests to run, and variations on how to run them. You can find a comprehensive description of DejaGnu and runtest in The DejaGnu Testing Framework or its Info version, dejagnu.info. OPTIONS
--all Print all test output to screen. By default, only unexpected results are displayed. --baud rate Set the baud rate for a serial line connection. Some serial interface programs (like tip) don't use this value but instead use a separate initialization file. --connect type The type of connection to use. The choices are rlogin, telnet, rsh, kermit, tip and mondfe. --debug Turn on expect internal debugging output. All output is logged to a file called dbg.out. The output of the --strace also goes into this file. --help Prints out a help screen and then exits. --host type The configuration string for the host. --ignore test1.exp test2.exp ... Do not run the specified tests. --mail 'name1 name2 ...' Electronic mail addresses to receive test results. --name hostname The network hostname of the target board. --objdir path path is a directory containing compiled test code. --outdir directory The name of a directory for test log output. --reboot Reboot the target board when runtest initializes (if supported). --srcdir path path is a directory containing test directories. --strace N Turns on expect internal tracing to N levels deep. --target type The configuration string for the target. --tool toolname Specify the tool to be tested. toolname controls the test suite applied, and the associated initialization module. --verbose, -v Turns on more debugging output from test cases and DejaGnu utility code. Use more than once to increase output further. --version, -V Prints out the versions of DejaGnu, expect and Tcl. -D[number] Activate the Tcl debugger.number can be either 1 or 0. If it is 1, then the expect shell will break when it starts to run. All ^C's drop DejaGnu back to the debugger prompt. A 0 starts DejaGnu like normal, but a ^C drops to the debugger prompt. Any file name on the command line is assumed to be a subset of the test names to run. Usually these are the names of the expect test driver, ie... special.exp. Makefile style variables are used to specify tool names and their flags; these and other configuration dependent values are saved in the file site.exp, created during configuration. EXIT CODES
runtest sets the exit code to 1 if any of the tests failed, or sets it to 0 if all the tests passed. SEE ALSO
The DejaGnu Testing Framework (dejagnu.info). This is the DejaGnu manual; its source is the SGML files doc/*.sgml. in the DejaGnu distri- bution. AUTHOR
Rob Savoye (rob@welcomehome.org) 29 Jul 2003 runtest(1)