Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse Log & Create Flow Diagram - Ideas/Tools Post 302584250 by Corona688 on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 12:40:35 PM
Old 12-22-2011
If you can translate the data you have into a list of nodes and edges, you should be able to do it with the dot tool. It can turn lists like this:

Code:
digraph finite_state_machine {
	rankdir=LR;
	size="8,5"
	node [shape = doublecircle]; LR_0 LR_3 LR_4 LR_8;
	node [shape = circle];
	LR_0 -> LR_2 [ label = "SS(B)" ];
	LR_0 -> LR_1 [ label = "SS(S)" ];
	LR_1 -> LR_3 [ label = "S($end)" ];
	LR_2 -> LR_6 [ label = "SS(b)" ];
	LR_2 -> LR_5 [ label = "SS(a)" ];
	LR_2 -> LR_4 [ label = "S(A)" ];
	LR_5 -> LR_7 [ label = "S(b)" ];
	LR_5 -> LR_5 [ label = "S(a)" ];
	LR_6 -> LR_6 [ label = "S(b)" ];
	LR_6 -> LR_5 [ label = "S(a)" ];
	LR_7 -> LR_8 [ label = "S(b)" ];
	LR_7 -> LR_5 [ label = "S(a)" ];
	LR_8 -> LR_6 [ label = "S(b)" ];
	LR_8 -> LR_5 [ label = "S(a)" ];
}

into graphs like this:

See Home | Graphviz - Graph Visualization Software and their gallery.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse value from multiple row to create the path

Hi all, Hope all the expert can help me in this situation. Let say I have one file with multiple record like below: NAME=FRAGMENT LANGUAGE=1 DIALECT=0 GENDER=NONE FILE=TEST1 DIRECTORY=D:/DETAILS/1/0/test1.txt END NAME=FRAGMENT LANGUAGE=1 DIALECT=0 GENDER=NONE (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirleyeow
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to create a script to parse log files

Hello everybody, I need some help here to create a script to parse a log file. Here is a sample of the log file : 0x42258940 (Debug) Cache SUMMARY attrs now/668 min/668 max/668. 0x42258940 (Debug) RSVD SUMMARY reserved space max requested/128 MB accounted now/0 MB 0x42258940 (Debug)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a File ColumnWise & Delete the Rows

Hi , I have a CSV file that has around 50K records in it. I have to delete all the duplicate rows from the file except one, depending upon data in column4. Lets say there are 3 rows for 'column4data' in the file. I have to retain only that line which has the smallest date value in column2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to count files & create log of that.

Hi Friends, I need some help. First look at my files hierchachy /<level-1>/<level-2>/<level-3>/*.tif eg. : /2010-07-01/AFFIDAVIT-OF-SERVICE---FOR-SC/001/Babylon2_20100701012049_1278004849.49892_000.tif... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch & Unix Timestamp Conversion Tools

Hi All, Please read the below data carefully. I need an unix command for converting unix timestamp to Epoch timestamp. I need to daily convert this today's unix(UTC) time to epoch time, so i am thinking to make a shellscript for this. Please help me for this by providing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

6. Linux

Parse ; deliminated variable to create variables

Hi there, would appreciate some help on this parsing problem if anybody can help im trying to parse a variable with the following output, each of the values im trying to parse are deliminated by a ; T192... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottish_jason
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Completed: Domain name tools. Generator & Checker

I'm fairly new to bash scripts, and all things unix in general. But I was in desperate need of this script, so I took matters into my own hands and built it! The first script uses a password generator that creates 4 letter domain names and outputs only the ones that are available. Currently its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Files
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning project ideas - shell, python, UNIX tools, system administration

Hi guys, I am currently working as a system administration engineer, administering telecom applications on linux/unix platforms. I want to learn new things and improve the ones that i have and for this i though to really work on some project or something but i lack of ideas. I want to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Where can I get Sun Ultra 20 tools & drivers when Oracle abandoned them?

I'm in a desperate pursuit for Tools and Drivers CD for the six of my Ultra 20 M2 workstations - some of them have latest BIOS, some of them don't. Oracle doesn't support them anymore - I even bought myself a CSI to get to support, but still no luck - and it seems the ISOs are nowhere to be found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: casial
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Parse And Create Multiple Files Based on Field Value

Hello: I am working parsing a large input file which will be broken down into multiples based on the second field in the file, in this case: STORE. The idea is to create each file with the corresponding store number, for example: Report_$STORENUM_$DATETIMESTAMP , and obtaining the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ec012
7 Replies
GLOBJECTLABEL(3G)						   OpenGL Manual						 GLOBJECTLABEL(3G)

NAME
glObjectLabel - label a named object identified within a namespace C SPECIFICATION
void glObjectLabel(GLenum identifier, GLuint name, GLsizei length, const char * label); PARAMETERS
identifier The namespace from which the name of the object is allocated. name The name of the object to label. length The length of the label to be used for the object. label The address of a string containing the label to assign to the object. DESCRIPTION
glObjectLabel labels the object identified by name within the namespace given by identifier. identifier must be one of GL_BUFFER, GL_SHADER, GL_PROGRAM, GL_VERTEX_ARRAY, GL_QUERY, GL_PROGRAM_PIPELINE, GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK, GL_SAMPLER, GL_TEXTURE, GL_RENDERBUFFER, GL_FRAMEBUFFER, to indicate the namespace containing the names of buffers, shaders, programs, vertex array objects, query objects, program pipelines, transform feedback objects, samplers, textures, renderbuffers and frame buffers, respectively. label is the address of a string that will be used to label an object. length contains the number of characters in label. If length is negative, it is implied that label contains a null-terminated string. If label is NULL, any debug label is effectively removed from the object. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if identifier is not one of the accepted object types. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if name is not the name of an existing object of the type specified by identifier. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if the number of characters in label, excluding the null terminator when length is negative, is greater than the value of GL_MAX_LABEL_LENGTH. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet() with argument GL_MAX_LABEL_LENGTH. SEE ALSO
glPushDebugGroup(), glPopDebugGroup(), glObjectPtrLabel(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLOBJECTLABEL(3G)