Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unix restarts error in sar command Post 302584226 by vivek.goel.piet on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 12:00:19 PM
Old 12-22-2011
Code:
  0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1
  0,20,40 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1

This is the entry in sys cron for Data collection.
the sa21 file has permissions of 777.

Normal sar is working without any error

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't understand sar command

HI Experts, Can anyone pls help me to understand this.. >sar 20:05:00 1 2 1 96 20:10:00 2 2 10 87 20:15:00 1 2 19 78 20:20:00 1 2 14 83 20:25:00 1 2 16 81 20:30:00 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
1 Replies

2. Solaris

sar command not reporting

I am running Solaris 10 in a sparc environment. I have the sys crontab setup to use sar to gather data and report it. My sys crontab entry looks like this: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 8:00 -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about SAR command

Hi, # SAR -u 5 5 shows this 10:01:32 AM CPU %user %nice %system %iowait %idle 10:01:37 AM all 1.90 0.00 1.20 96.90 0.00 10:01:42 AM all 1.30 0.00 1.70 97.00 0.00 10:01:47 AM all 4.30 0.00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: egorig
1 Replies

4. Solaris

problem with sar command

hi all:- when i try to use sar command i get this error how can i fix it bash-3.00# sar -A sar: can't open /var/adm/sa/sa16 No such file or directory (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharkux
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any alternative of sar command

Hi all, I am using linux box ...i dont find the manual entry of sar command through man sar ...it is in unix not in linux although i have to check the cpu utilization and paging...any alternative of sar command.. Thanks Vijay Sahu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijays3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setup of sar command for CPU measures

I receive on a daily basis CPU measures on a UNIX Server (AIX 5.3 version, korn shell). These CPU measures are provided by Omnivision tool. We could see that Omnivision daily stats are not always equal to NMON stats regarding CPU level. On my side (I work in an IT Production Support Team, not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scofield38
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sar command for Solaris/AIX

Hello, Can you please explain me how to parameter and use "sar" command on Solaris (AIX) ? When I use it on Solaris I got the following error : bash-3.00# sar sar: data file not in sar format Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Need help on sar command.

Hi, how to find out actual utilization of memory using sar -r in Linux, I understand Linux keep entire memory in cache/buffers. I would like to know how to find out actual usage of memory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read command restarts at beginning of file

I am reading in a file in a Korn shell script. The file has one header row followed by possibly millions of data rows. I want to do one thing to the header row and write it out to a new output file, then something different to the data rows. My code looks like this: read header < $infile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
4 Replies
ISAG(1) 						      System Activity Grapher							   ISAG(1)

NAME
isag - Interactive System Activity Grapher SYNOPSIS
isag [-p datafiles_path] [-c config_file] [-ght gr_height] [-gwd gr_width] DESCRIPTION
The isag command graphically displays the system activity data stored in a binary data file by a previous sar run. The isag command invokes sar to extract the data to be plotted. The data are processed using sar command and slightly transformed to tabular format, and then this format is visualized using gnuplot pro- gram. OPTIONS
-p datafiles_path Specify the pathname where are located the daily data files. Default path is: /var/log/sysstat -c config_file Specify the configuration file used by the isag command. The contents of this file may depend on isag version number. Default config file is: $HOME/.isag.cfg. -ght gr_height Specify the height of the chart area. Default value is: 400. -gwd gr_width Specify the width of the chart area. Default value is: 720. CONFIG FILE
As mentioned above there is a config file. There are stored following values: last showed graph y limits for each kind of graph It seems useful, because new run doesn't need new settings to obtain same scale. PREREQUSITIES
Here is list of prerequsities including versioning and built-in features. Tcl/Tk Version 8.0 or newer. gnuplot Gnuplot must have a tkcanvas display. AUTHOR
D. Doubrava 2000, 2002 e-mail: linux_monitor(at)volny(dot)cz HTTP Site: http://www.volny.cz/linux_monitor/isag/index.html SEE ALSO
sar (1), sadc (8). 3rd Berkeley Distribution 0.81.0 ISAG(1)