Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX SMTP and characters conversion Post 302584217 by Djizus on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 11:45:06 AM
Old 12-22-2011
Java SMTP and characters conversion

Hello,
I'm working with an AIX 5.3
This server receive emails from an application (ServiceDesk management) and these emails are read and integrated in another application via an EAI. I work for a french company with french people that write in french : with accentued characters (é,ç,à,...). Sadly, accentued characters are lost when the message is received by my sendmail on AIX server. All accentued characters are replaced by special characters, some visible and some, not. Could you please share your experience on this kind of configuration ?
Thanks in advance.
D.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smtp

Hi All, I am running an email server on a Linux machine. My goal is to set up in a way that I can use pop3 to retrieve mail from a Windows machine using Outlook. Now I can download the messages from the Linux email server, however I can not send out messages. I encounter this error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. Programming

C Smtp

how do you send a ".\n" in a smtp client? >354 Send message, end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> >. > i have already issued a "./n" but it doesnt work. please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smtp

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

SMTP and NTLM

Hi, I have a HP Unix from which I'm trying to connect to an email server through telnet and test sending emails using commands. Why am I doing that is not important. The email server is an Exchange server and it looks like that the only Authentication method it supports is NTLM. The host name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gheibia
0 Replies

5. AIX

Locales and conversion tables confusion - Some characters don't get translated

Hello, my program running on AIX receives a message (from MQ) which is in CCSID 870 (LATIN-2 EBCDIC). It needs to convert it to CCSID 912 (ISO-8859-2). For this conversion, it uses the Websphere MQ functionality, but which, according to the manual, uses AIX's system conversion tables. (Btw - it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adamm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

8. Linux

File conversion and removing special characters from a file in Linux

I have a .CSV file when I check for the special characters in the file using the command cat -vet filename.csv, i get very lengthy lines with "^@", "^I^@" and "^@^M" characters in between each alphabet in all of the records. Using the code below file filename.csv I get the output as I have a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replacing string/special characters using a 'conversion' table

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a script or program available out there that uses a conversion table to replace special characters from a file? I am trying to remove some special characters from a file but there are several unprintable/control characters that some I need to remove but some I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
srchtxt(1)							   User Commands							srchtxt(1)

NAME
srchtxt - display contents of, or search for a text string in, message data bases SYNOPSIS
srchtxt [-s] [-l locale] [ -m msgfile ,...] [text] DESCRIPTION
The srchtxt utility is used to display all the text strings in message data bases, or to search for a text string in message data bases (see mkmsgs(1)). These data bases are files in the directory /usr/lib/locale/locale/LC_MESSAGES (see setlocale(3C)), unless a file name given with the -m option contains a /. The directory locale can be viewed as the name of the language in which the text strings are writ- ten. If the -l option is not specified, the files accessed will be determined by the value of the environment variable LC_MESSAGES. If LC_MESSAGES is not set, the files accessed will be determined by the value of the environment variable LANG. If LANG is not set, the files accessed will be in the directory /usr/lib/locale//C/LC_MESSAGES , which contains default strings. If no text argument is present, then all the text strings in the files accessed will be displayed. If the -s option is not specified, the displayed text is prefixed by message sequence numbers. The message sequence numbers are enclosed in angle brackets: <msgfile:msgnum>. msgfile name of the file where the displayed text occurred msgnum sequence number in msgfile where the displayed text occurred This display is in the format used by gettxt(1) and gettxt(3C). OPTIONS
-s Suppress printing of the message sequence numbers of the messages being displayed. -l locale Access files in the directory /usr/lib/locale/locale/LC_MESSAGES. If -m msgfile is also supplied, lOCALE is ignored for msgfiles containing a /. -m msgfile Access files specified by one or more msgfiles. If msgfile contains a / character, then msgfile is interpreted as a path- name; otherwise, it will be assumed to be in the directory determined as described above. To specify more than one msgfile, separate the file names using commas. text Search for the text string specified by text and display each one that matches. text can take the form of a regular expres- sion; see regexp(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using srchtxt If message files have been installed in a locale named french by using mkmsgs(1), then you could display the entire set of text strings in the french locale (/usr/lib/locale/french/LC_MESSAGES/* ) by typing: example% srchtxt -l french Example 2: Using srchtxt If a set of error messages associated with the operating system have been installed in the file UX in the french locale (/usr/lib/locale/french/LC_MESSAGE/UX ), then, using the value of the LANG environment variable to determine the locale to be searched, you could search that file in that locale for all error messages dealing with files by typing: example% setenv LANG=french; export LANG example% srchtxt -m UX "[Ff]ichier" If /usr/lib/locale/french/LC_MESSAGES/UX contained the following strings: Erreur E/S Liste d'arguments trop longue Fichier inexistant Argument invalide Trop de fichiers ouverts Fichier trop long Trop de liens Argument hors du domaine Identificateur supprim Etreinte fatale . . . then the following strings would be displayed: <UX:3>Fichier inexistant <UX:5>Trop de fichiers ouverts <UX:6>Fichier trop long Example 3: Using srchtxt If a set of error messages associated with the operating system have been installed in the file UX and a set of error messages associated with the INGRESS data base product have been installed in the file ingress, both in the german locale, then you could search for the pat- tern [Dd]atei in both the files UX and ingress in the german locale by typing: example% srchtxt -l german -m UX,ingress "[Dd]atei" ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for a description of the LC_CTYPE environment variable that affects the execution of srchtxt. FILES
/usr/lib/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/* default files created by mkmsgs(1) /usr/lib/locale/locale/LC_MESSAGES/* message files created by mkmsgs(1) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWloc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exstr(1), gettxt(1), locale(1), mkmsgs(1), gettxt(3C), setlocale(3C), attributes(5), environ(5), locale(5), regexp(5) DIAGNOSTICS
The error messages produced by srchtxt are intended to be self-explanatory. They indicate an error in the command line or errors encoun- tered while searching for a particular locale and/or message file. SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1996 srchtxt(1)