Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CentOS Error: Superblock
Operating Systems Linux CentOS Error: Superblock Post 302584191 by mark54g on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 10:53:45 AM
Old 12-22-2011
CentOS is not anything close to Ubuntu. It is, in fact, a clone of Red Hat. That being said, how did you clone it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help! Boot failure - corrupt superblock

Hi everyone, OK, I've made a monumental fsck-up of my linux installation AND I did not backup my data properly (idiot!), so I'm really up the proverbial without a paddle here. Basically the problem is I re-sized my /home partition (hda13) using Partition Magic 8.0, after doing so my mandrake... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to corrupt a superblock?

I need to corrupt a superblock of a mounted device in a soalris m/c and check recovery from an alternate superblock. How can this be done? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujathan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux EXT3 superblock recovery

Is there a way to recover or rebuild the superblock of an ext3 filesystem with out loosing data? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

superblock error

can anybody help me to recovermy superblock , the recent power crash has done some stuff on my linux redhat 9 box . when i startup the machine iam getting the following error: The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error starting named service in CentOS

Hi Guys, I am configuring DNS BIND server I am getting following error, can someone please help ...below is my complete /etc/named.caching-nameserver.conf file :- # service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: Error in named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patibandlavinay
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error in http Im Using Centos 5.5 i686

Im Using Centos 5.5 i686 , its installed in Vmware Player , And while trying to open http://192.168.200.129/webmin-1.600/ in google chrome or any other browser in Base System Windows Xp its Shows as Index of /webmin-1.600 and folders were listed and shown in browser , some webmin or CRM software... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

During install error centos 5.8

Hi i am getting the following error while i try to install OS from my repo " unable to read group information from repositories this is a problem with the generation of your install tree " guide me any one (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Superblock marked dirty

Good morning! I met a problem on a FS with AIX 5.3 It's not possible to mount the FS because of a dirty superblock. I tried few things without success. I need your help to solve my problem guys. Do you have any idea please? Thanks a lot drp01,/home/root # mount /GSPRES/data Replaying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

10. Solaris

File System Error: BAD SUPERBLOCK AT BLOCK 16: NUMBER OF DIRECTORIES OUT OF RANGE

Hi All, we are having a file system error in one of our servers. The server failed to boot in usual user mode. Instead boot with single user mode and requesting to run a FSCK manually to repair the corrupted. see the below output. Netra T2000, No Keyboard Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddhike G
5 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)