Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers After extract from tar, commands cannot see file? Post 302584153 by zxmaus on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 09:51:51 AM
Old 12-22-2011
seems to me like your file is called ls1.c (with a one) and you try to stat lsl.c (with an L) which isn't there ?

Regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract a sub directory form a tar file

anyone know if it is possable to extract a subdirectory in a tar file. IE tarfile contains parent dir -sub dir A -sub dir B I want to extract sub dir B. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cant extract files from a tar file

hi everyone i have a tar file which was in AIX box. its 300mb. i cant untar in windowsxp home. I just get an empty folder with no files when i extract. i dont get any bad header or any such error. i am using IZARC which is a freeware. Not sure if i should try winzip or winrar. any help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract one file form .tar.gz without uncompressing .tar.gz file

hi all, kindly help me how to extract one file form .tar.gz without uncompressing .tar.gz file. thanks in advance bali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar command help -- extract single file

Hi, I want to view/display the contents of one file in tar file. For example if the tar file is sam.tar.gz and one of the file inside is E1.txt, how do i view the contents of this E1.txt file. Olso if I want to extract the E1.txt file only from sam.tar.gz how can i do that. Thanks in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: icefish
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to extract a particular file in tar.Z format

Hi , I need to extarct only a particulay files from the tar.Z. ie i need to extract one.txt from test.tar.Z. The test.tar.Z may contain lot of file and folders. Please help me to extract particular file to some location. Regards, Kalai. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract root basedir name from a *.tar.gz file

I am working on a script to install a software distribution which ships as a *.tar.gz file. The company doesn't name the dist consistently, but the resulting directory out of the *.tar.gz file (ie: XXX_X_X_X) is consistent and shows the software version. I'm writing this with BASH-3.25.x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forrie
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do I need to extract the entire tar file to confirm the tar folder is fine?

I would like to confirm my file.tar is been tar-ed correctly before I remove them. But I have very limited disc space to untar it. Can I just do the listing instead of actual extract it? Can I say confirm folder integrity if the listing is sucessful without problem? tar tvf file1.tar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract .zip file without using unzip,tar

Hi, Need to extract a file containing multiple .txt files without using tar/unzip as they are not available (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshdrkr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to extract particular file from tar.lzo

Hi Guys, Could you please help to get specific files from /di/data/prd/serial/lookup/abetlp11_lookup_20180206.tar.lzo without extracting whole compressed file tar.lzo as its size is huge file name - xyz.lkp Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: himanshupant
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar extract Z file

I was looking at this tutorial for tar extract Z file. Is there a reason why this did not work? I checked my man pages and it had a -Z option. tar -xZvf /opt/Nimsoft/nimldr.tar.Z tar (child): compress: Cannot exec: No such file or directory tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies
IO::Async::File(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      IO::Async::File(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::File" - watch a file for changes SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::File; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $file = IO::Async::File->new( filename => "config.ini", on_mtime_changed => sub { my ( $self ) = @_; print STDERR "Config file has changed "; reload_config( $self->handle ); } ); $loop->add( $file ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier watches an open filehandle or named filesystem entity for changes in its "stat()" fields. It invokes various events when the values of these fields change. It is most often used to watch a file for size changes; for this task see also IO::Async::FileStream. While called "File", it is not required that the watched filehandle be a regular file. It is possible to watch anything that stat(2) may be called on, such as directories or other filesystem entities. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters. on_dev_changed $new_dev, $old_dev on_ino_changed $new_ino, $old_ino ... on_ctime_changed $new_ctime, $old_ctime Invoked when each of the individual "stat()" fields have changed. All the "stat()" fields are supported apart from "blocks" and "blksize". Each is passed the new and old values of the field. on_devino_changed $new_stat, $old_stat Invoked when either of the "dev" or "ino" fields have changed. It is passed two File::stat instances containing the complete old and new "stat()" fields. This can be used to observe when a named file is renamed; it will not be observed to happen on opened filehandles. on_stat_changed $new_stat, $old_stat Invoked when any of the "stat()" fields have changed. It is passed two File::stat instances containing the old and new "stat()" fields. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure". handle => IO The opened filehandle to watch for "stat()" changes if "filename" is not supplied. filename => STRING Optional. If supplied, watches the named file rather than the filehandle given in "handle". The file will be opened for reading and then watched for renames. If the file is renamed, the new filename is opened and tracked similarly after closing the previous file. interval => NUM Optional. The interval in seconds to poll the filehandle using stat(2) looking for size changes. A default of 2 seconds will be applied if not defined. METHODS
$handle = $file->handle Returns the filehandle currently associated with the instance; either the one passed to the "handle" parameter, or opened from the "filename" parameter. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::File(3pm)