Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Putting the Current -date in the Output File Post 302584048 by rymnd_12345 on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 03:43:06 AM
Old 12-22-2011
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help, what if my command is
Code:
history

Any suggestion?
Smilie

Br,
rymnd_12345

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Extracting date from file name and comparing with current date

I need to extract the date part from the file name (20080221 in this ex) and compare it with the current date and delete it, if it is a past date. $file = exp_ABCD4_T-2584780_upto_20080221.dmp.Z really appreciate any help. thanks mkneni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefix the current date and time to the output of ps

Hi, I need to write a script, that will take the current date, time, and the output from # ps -eo pid,tid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,psr,pcpu,stat,wchan:14,comm and spit it to a file, so it'll look like this... PID TID CLS RTPRIO NI PRI PSR %CPU STAT WCHAN COMMAND 1 1 TS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting color on output file script

do you have any simple script on how to change the color and font of a string in a script example echo "====================================" echo " sample color script" echo "====================================" echo " hello " echo " bye" on hello,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Output Date to Current System Date

Hi Guys, Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Fri Dec 16... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select text between current date and output to new txt file

Hi guys, brand new to this thread and very very new to UNIX...so go easy please! Anyway I have a file that looks like this: >>-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date/Time/Eng. : 2012-06-22 / 00:26 / DS Reported problem : (SD) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin0852
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract a file's modification date with current date

SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise Hi, In a folder, there are files. I have a script which reads the current date and subtract the modification date of each file. How do I achieve this? Regards, Joe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

“sed” replace date in text file with current date

We want to call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ Code: line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
REARJ(1)							   Arj Software 							  REARJ(1)

NAME
rearj - Converts other archive formats to .arj files SYNOPSIS
rearj [options] <!listfile(s)|filespec(s)|wildname(s)> DESCRIPTION
The rearj command can repackage other archive formats to arj. OPTIONS
-+ Ignore REARJ_SW variable. -a[suffix] Convert archives within archives ("*" for all formats). -bcommand Execute command before extracting files. -ccommand Execute command on extracted files before counting them. -d Delete original archives. -e No error switch. -f Convert diskette archives. -g Skip creation of output archive. -i[name] Check integrity of rearj program. -j Skip if output archive size is larger than the original. -k Skip archive timestamping. -l[name] Write append log file (default name is rearj.log). -m[date] Select archives before date in YYMMDDHHMMSS format. -n[date] Select archives on or after date in YYMMDDHHMMSS format. -o Allow overwrite of existing target archive. -p Ignore long filenames under Windows 95. -q Query for each archive to convert. -r Recurse through subdirectories. -s Skip verify of file count and total size. -tsuffix Create suffix type archives. -u[bak] Allow update of archive with backup (default is BAK). -v Execute configured command on extracted files. -wdir Assign work directory. -x[!]file Exclude by filename, wildname, or listfile. -y[text] Delete output archive and write text to log (testing mode). -z Simulate operation. ENVIRONMENT
REARJ_SW If set, its value will be used as command line options. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 File not found. 2 File is not a configured archive type. 3 Target archive already exists. 4 Not enough disk space. 5 User skipped or user did not select update option. 6 UNPACK command error. 7 PACK command error. 8 Target cannot support directories. 9 Wrong file count. 10 Wrong total size. 11 Internal archive REARJ error. 12 Rename archive error. 13 Invoked -v command error (found a virus?). 14 Output archive is larger. EXAMPLE
rearj * -r -d Convert all archives to ARJ format, searching all subdirectories, deleting original archives. SEE ALSO
arj(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org> in pod format, then converted by Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> to nroff format. 3.10 2003-03-10 REARJ(1)