Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Putting the Current -date in the Output File Post 302584033 by rymnd_12345 on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 02:53:55 AM
Old 12-22-2011
Putting the Current -date in the Output File

Hi guys,

Just want to ask how can I make a script that will perform like this.

1. Execute the command
2. Then the output of the command will be redirected to a file
2. The file that has been created will have a date on it equivalent to the date and time it was created (or maybe after the command has been executed).

Please advice,
rymnd_12345

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Extracting date from file name and comparing with current date

I need to extract the date part from the file name (20080221 in this ex) and compare it with the current date and delete it, if it is a past date. $file = exp_ABCD4_T-2584780_upto_20080221.dmp.Z really appreciate any help. thanks mkneni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefix the current date and time to the output of ps

Hi, I need to write a script, that will take the current date, time, and the output from # ps -eo pid,tid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,psr,pcpu,stat,wchan:14,comm and spit it to a file, so it'll look like this... PID TID CLS RTPRIO NI PRI PSR %CPU STAT WCHAN COMMAND 1 1 TS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting color on output file script

do you have any simple script on how to change the color and font of a string in a script example echo "====================================" echo " sample color script" echo "====================================" echo " hello " echo " bye" on hello,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Output Date to Current System Date

Hi Guys, Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Fri Dec 16... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select text between current date and output to new txt file

Hi guys, brand new to this thread and very very new to UNIX...so go easy please! Anyway I have a file that looks like this: >>-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date/Time/Eng. : 2012-06-22 / 00:26 / DS Reported problem : (SD) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin0852
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract a file's modification date with current date

SunOS -s 5.10 Generic_147440-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise Hi, In a folder, there are files. I have a script which reads the current date and subtract the modification date of each file. How do I achieve this? Regards, Joe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanbi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

“sed” replace date in text file with current date

We want to call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ Code: line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
rdate(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 rdate(1M)

NAME
rdate - set system date from a remote host SYNOPSIS
rdate hostname DESCRIPTION
rdate sets the local date and time from the hostname given as an argument. You must have the authorization solaris.system.date on the local system. Typically, rdate is used in a startup script. The inetd daemon responds to rdate requests. To enable inetd response, the lines invoking the time command in inetd.conf must not be com- mented out. USAGE
The rdate command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2001 rdate(1M)