Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Securing AIX
Operating Systems AIX Securing AIX Post 302583980 by michlix on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 12:24:32 AM
Old 12-22-2011
Zxmaus,
I want to know which the port are used by AIX? so i can block another - unsecure port.

Regards,
Michlix

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

securing a remote box

someone has access to my server... I've got a solaris 7 box with remote access only. many of the services don't have passwords and someone recently messed with the shadow file -the root: line was changed: . password field was changed to NP . the number after that was changed too The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Securing arguments

OK here is my problem. Ive been trying to write a script where i use the order "find". For example if i wont to find some file in the sql_work directory using the script. You use the command: loc sql_work "q*" in order to find all the queries in the directory. Is there any other way to do it,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
0 Replies

3. AIX

securing a shell

I would like to secure a shell script from being broken out of with Ctrl-C or equivalent. Once a user logs in, he should not be able to exit to the command prompt. any ideas. Thank you J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Securing Passwords

Hi All, I'd like to give you an example of what I am trying to achieve and perhaps you might be able to help me along. I would like to add the following criteria to new servers, from a password aging and lockout standpoint. -Number of failed logins before lockout: = 5 -Number of Passwords... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkono
1 Replies

5. Linux

Securing remote connections

Hi all, I have a couple of questions I've been searching on internet but I didn't find a suitable solution. The aim is that I'd like to access to my home Linux (an 8.04 Ubuntu) from outside. I already achieved with ssh, but I'd like to secure as much as I can. These are questions: The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

securing AIX box

Guys, i want to securing AIX after install by scrath. Is anybody can inform about the standard port which used by AIX? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
0 Replies

7. AIX

Securing AIX - Hardening Lesson 101

Every now and then I google: SecuringAIX (I write a blog by that name, so I am curious where it stands - and to my dismay I did not make the top5 today from my current location. However, this unix.com/aix thread did make the top5- and, imho, it is lacking in clarity and ease. So, I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
3 Replies
PASSWD(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      PASSWD(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-passwd, passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-help] [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-aixmd5] [-5] [-6] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1, its Apache variant apr1, and its AIX variant are available. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -aixmd5 Use the AIX MD5 algorithm (AIX variant of the BSD algorithm). -5 -6 Use the SHA256 / SHA512 based algorithms defined by Ulrich Drepper. See <https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/SHA-crypt.txt>. -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. EXAMPLES
% openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password xxj31ZMTZzkVA % openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a. % openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0 % openssl passwd -aixmd5 -salt xxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxx$8Oaipk/GPKhC64w/YVeFD/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PASSWD(1SSL)