Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get the top 15 of the latest file! Post 302583977 by itkamaraj on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 12:20:10 AM
Old 12-22-2011
Code:

ls -lrt | head -15 < $(nawk '{a=$NF}END{print a}')

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying the latest file

Hi, I have a problem. I have some text files in a folder. The names can be like: emp_20080307053015.dat emp_20080306053015.dat emp_20080305053015.dat emp_20080304053015.dat The date format appended is like yyyymmdd and timestamp. What i need is i have to copy the latest file every... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswarth
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get the name of latest file?

1) How do I get the name of latest file in a variable? 2) Is it safe to delete all files from a dir I am doing cd $dir_name if return_code > 0 rm * fi what are other alternates to delete all files from a dir in a shell script? :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the latest file

I am trying to scp the latest file which ends with "_abc.log". Can some help me figure out how can do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing the latest file

if i am having files as below in a directory---- -rwxrwxrwx 1 dsadm dstage 43 Nov 21 2005 CheckfreeFtpSeq.err -rwxrwxrwx 1 dsadm dstage 37 Jun 22 2007 EDIRemitVendorAdviceSeq.log -rwxrwxrwx 1 dsadm dstage 43 Jun 22 2007 EDIRemitVendorAdviceSeq.err... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagarddd
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get latest file

i have the following in my directory x: 3 files with the word "LIST" inside the files 2 files without the word "LIST" 1 folder (sudirectory) i want to get the filename of the latest file (timestamp) with the word "LIST". by the way the script and the list of files are in seperate... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the latest file

Hi Experts Team, I wish to store the latest file name of partcular pattern in the remote server in a variable. i tried this LATEST_FILE=`ssh ${USER_ID}@${REMOTE_HOSTNAME} 'ls -t ${SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/${SOURCE_FILEPATTERN}'` but its nt working..pls guide me.. Regards, Kanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

7. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

8. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to get the latest file from the file list and move

Hi, Anybody help me to write a Shell Script Get the latest file from the file list based on created and then move to the target directory. Tried with the following script: got error. A=$(ls -1dt $(find "cveit/local_ftp/reflash-parts" -type f -daystart -mtime -$dateoffset) | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravan_an
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking the latest file based on a timestamp for a Dynamic file name

Hi , I did the initial search but could not find what I was expecting for. 15606Always_9999999997_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999998_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999999_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999900_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999911_20160418.xmlAbove is the list of files I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
4 Replies
uulog(1)						      General Commands Manual							  uulog(1)

NAME
uulog - display entries in the UUCP log file. SYNOPSIS
uulog [-#] [-n lines] [-sf system] [-u user] [-DSF] [--lines lines] [--system system] [--user user] [--debuglog] [--statslog] [--follow] [--follow=system] DESCRIPTION
The uulog program can be used to display entries in the UUCP log file. It can select the entries for a particular system or a particular user. You can use it to see what has happened to your queued jobs in the past. Different options may be used to select which parts of the file to display. OPTIONS
-#, -n lines, --lines lines Here '#' is a number; e.g., `-10'. The specified number of lines is displayed from the end of the log file. The default is to dis- play the entire log file, unless the -f, -F, or --follow options are used, in which case the default is to display 10 lines. -s system, --system system Display only log entries pertaining to the specified system. -u, --user user Display only log entries pertaining to the specified user. -D --debuglog Display the debugging log file. -S, --statslog Display the statistics log file. -F, --follow Keep displaying the log file forever, printing new lines as they are appended to the log file. -f system, --follow=system Keep displaying the log file forever, displaying only log entries pertaining to the specified system. Standard UUCP options: -X type, --debug type Turn on particular debugging types. The following types are recognized: abnormal, chat, handshake, uucp-proto, proto, port, config, spooldir, execute, incoming, outgoing. --debug option may appear multiple times. A number may also be given, which will turn on that many types from the foregoing list; for example, --debug 2 is equivalent to --debug abnormal,chat. -I file, --config Set configuration file to use. -v, --version Report version information and exit. --help Print a help message and exit. SEE ALSO
uucp(1) AUTHOR
Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>. Text for this Manpage comes from Taylor UUCP, version 1.07 Info documentation. Taylor UUCP 1.07 uulog(1)