Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract a word from text file name Post 302583971 by Sindhuap on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 11:42:22 PM
Old 12-22-2011
Thank u so much for all Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract last word on line to new file

Can someone please help me with how to extract the last word on a line to a new file? I have a list of names like: Ms. Nell D. Bullock Mrs. Sherrie M Avent LINDA ANNETTE RUSSELL Mr. Jerome R. Harris Pandora Tyndall I want the new file to look like this: Bullock Avent RUSSELL Harris... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

3. Programming

How to extract a sentences of word from a text file.

Hi , i have a text file that contain a story How do i extract the out all the sentences that contain the word Mon. in C++ I only want to show those sentences that contain the word mon eg. Monkey on a tree. Rabbit jumping around the tree. I am very rich, I have lots of money. Today... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract just a word from a File in Shell?

Hello Friends, I have a txt file which has data like this TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on 23-MAR-2010 15:38:42 Copyright (c) 1997, 2006, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: njafri
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the fifth line of a text file into a shell script and trim the line to extract a WORD

FOLKS , i have a text file that is generated automatically of an another korn shell script, i want to bring in the fifth line of the text file in to my korn shell script and look for a particular word in the line . Can you all share some thoughts on this one. thanks... Venu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract whole thing in word, leaving behind last word. - perl

Hi, i've a string /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TESi T_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to get string, like /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD the words from HD should get deleted, i need only a string till HD, i dont want to use any built in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word from text (sed,awk, etc...)

Hello, I need some help extracting the number after the RBA e.g 15911688 from the below block of text (e.g: grep RBA |sed .......). The code should be valid for blocks if text generated at different times as well and not for the below text only. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract a word from the file

Hi everyone, I'm a perl newbie and need your help to extract a word inside the list of files with same pattern. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ns2:mycode xmlns:ns2="http://www.abcd.com/pqrs/acfSchema-2007a.xsd"> <id>10</id> <name>PaymentServices</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the word from the file and print it

I have a file which I am reading and then I need to extract a particualr word and if it matches the line. 2015-01-22 07:30:17,814000 +0900 /INFO: - <ns2:virtualServerid="PH11PK" /> Means if the line contain Virtual server I need to extract the id . Code I wrote#!/usr/bin/perl ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan8810
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract the word after a particular keyword throughout the file..

Hi Everyone, Need help in extracting the hostname from the below output. Expected output: DS-TESTB-GDS-1.TEST.ABC.COM DS-TESTB-GDS-2.TEST.ABC.COM .... ... /tmp $ cat -n /tmp/patchreport 1 /usr/bin/perl /admin/bin/patch/applyPatches.pl --apply_patches... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiyagoo
4 Replies
WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)					 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual				     WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)

NAME
word-list-compress - word list compressor/decompressor for GNU Aspell SYNOPSIS
word-list-compress c[ompress] | d[ecompress] DESCRIPTION
word-list-compress compresses or decompresses sorted word lists for use with the GNU Aspell spell checker. COMMANDS
-c, c, compress compress the plain text word list read from standard input. -d, d, decompress decompress the compressed word list read from standard input. EXAMPLES
Here are a few examples of how you can use word-list-compress word-list-compress d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt word-list-compress c <wordlist.wl >wordlist.cwl 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.wl to wordlist.cwl and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | word-list-compress c >wordlist.cwl Sort a word list, then pipe it to word-list-compress to create a compressed binary wordlist.cwl file. word-list-compress d <words.cwl | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Word-list-compress is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since the resulting files may actually increase in size. Word-list-compress accepts up to 255 text characters in the range of {0x21...0xFF}. If your word list requires a larger character set for certain languages or longer length for multi-word, scientific, medical, technical or other use, then it is recommended that you compress your word list using prezip-bin(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Word-list-compress normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and word-list-compress exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so word-list-compress displays a usage message to standard error output. Corrupt Input This is only for the decompression command d. The input file is of an unknown format or the input file/stream is corrupted. You may have some valid output, but word-list-compress could not complete the process. If the input file is a compressed wordlist but you have no output file, then it may be a newer prezip-bin(1) version of compressed file, if so, try decompressing the file with prezip-bin(1) instead. Output Data Error The output is full, write protected, or has an error and can no longer be written to. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), prezip-bin(1), run-with-aspell(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net> and send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> and Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. GNU
2005-09-05 WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)