Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pass value back to unix variable Post 302583918 by wtolentino on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 03:31:26 PM
Old 12-21-2011
$RC returns 0 either the procedure is success or failed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter back to calling program

Hi all, I am running AIX version 4. I have a shell script that is calling another script. I want the called script to obtain a value and pass it back to the calling script. So far, I know that to pass a parameter to a called script is as such: sh proc2.sh $1 $2 etc. What I don't know how... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jthomas
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass a oracle variable back to the shell script

Hi, I am calling an oracle function that returns a number (either 0 or 2), how do I pass that pass to the wrapping shell script as I would like to do other things based on the value returned by the oracle function. Your help will be appreciated. -------------------------- sqlplus / <<... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass unix variable to oracle

hi , how to pass unix variable to oracle code is ............. #! /bin/ksh echo enter date vale read date1 sqlplus x/y@oracle select * from emp where statrt_date= $date1 is this is correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to use Secure Shell (SSH) to pass results back to invoking machine

Hi, I am running a script from a client machine X which does "SSH" to around 100 other machines in a farm and invokes a local script on each of those machines. Local script localscript.sh on each of those 100 target machines, does some machine specific function like fetch the specific machine's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to pass variable from awk to shell back

I am passing a varaible to from Shell to awk then I am doing some maniplation for that variable inside awk. I want that maniplated variable value back to shell , Is this possible .Please let me know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
12 Replies

7. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass back return code for file delete failure

Hello Experts, This script to delete a file is submitted from an SAP system which has 2 servers. When it happens to run on server 1, the delete is successful. When it runs on server 2, the delete always fails. All user accounts and permissions have been adjusted to match on both servers. Is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAPDEVEL
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass Oracle SQL output to Linux and back... Help!

Hi all, Hopefully you can help. This is what I'm trying to achieve: Obtain a list of usernames out of an Oracle Database Based on this list, link each username with an Oracle Internet Directory (OID) GUID Using the username and GUID perform a database update for all users Here are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
7 Replies
XAddConnectionWatch(3X) 					  XLIB FUNCTIONS					   XAddConnectionWatch(3X)

NAME
XAddConnectionWatch - handle Xlib internal connections SYNTAX
Status XAddConnectionWatch(display, procedure, client_data) Display *display; XConnectionWatchProc procedure; XPointer client_data; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. procedure Specifies the procedure to be called. client_data Specifies the additional client data. DESCRIPTION
The XAddConnectionWatch function registers a procedure to be called each time Xlib opens or closes an internal connection for the specified display. The procedure is passed the display, the specified client_data, the file descriptor for the connection, a Boolean indicating whether the connection is being opened or closed, and a pointer to a location for private watch data. If opening is True, the procedure can store a pointer to private data in the location pointed to by watch_data; when the procedure is later called for this same connection and opening is False, the location pointed to by watch_data will hold this same private data pointer. This function can be called at any time after a display is opened. If internal connections already exist, the registered procedure will immediately be called for each of them, before XAddConnectionWatch returns. XAddConnectionWatch returns a nonzero status if the procedure is successfully registered; otherwise, it returns zero. The registered procedure should not call any Xlib functions. If the procedure directly or indirectly causes the state of internal connec- tions or watch procedures to change, the result is not defined. If Xlib has been initialized for threads, the procedure is called with the display locked and the result of a call by the procedure to any Xlib function that locks the display is not defined unless the executing thread has externally locked the display using XLockDisplay. SEE ALSO
XConnectionWatchProc(3X), XRemoveConnectionWatch(3X), XProcessInternalConnection(3X), XInternalConnectionNumbers(3X) X Version 11 Release 6 XAddConnectionWatch(3X)