Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple Tag Search and Printing Post 302583833 by joeyg on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 10:46:28 AM
Old 12-21-2011
Very confusing

1) Are you doing this in Windows, with DOS scripting?
2) Please wrap samples, input/output, scripts with CodeTags
3) Is the input file one long run-on like your example? You have
Code:
Tag: 002File: check2.asm

Are there spaces, return, etc... between fields?
4) Describe the rules on your Tag

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting multiple xml tag

sorry for the trouble...... i have this file that contains the following: 00:00:21 Queue key, Queue Name= 00:00:21 Sending Message :<EXGC-EXGU xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <trans_id>EXGC</trans_id> <sys_prefix>GSYS</sys_prefix> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for particular tag and arrange as coordinates

Hi I have a file whose sample contents are shown here, 1.2.3.4->2.4.2.4 a(10) b(20) c(30) 1.2.3.4->2.9.2.4 a(10) c(20) 2.3.4.3->3.6.3.2 b(40) d(50) c(20) 2.3.4.3->3.9.0.2 a(40) e(50) c(20) 1.2.3.4->3.4.2.4 a(10) c(30) 6.2.3.4->2.4.2.5 c(10) . . . . Here I need to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKD
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and filter by TAG

Hello all, searching on a text file (log file) is quite simple: grep -i texttosearch filename | grep somethingWhat I'm trying to do is filter the result by TAG and remove the double entries. Like if the log file contains the following text (fields are separated by commas): ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and mark/tag

Hi All, I have to search for patterns from a pattern file in a file and mark the matching lines. Input File: Student1 60 30 Student2 71 91 Student3 88 98 Pattern file: Student1 Fail Student2 Pass Student2 Pass Desired output: Student1 60 30 Fail Student2 71 91 Pass (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an efficient way to search for a tag in an xml file having millions of rows

Hi, I have an XML file with around 1 billion rows in it and i am trying to find the number of times a particular tag occurs in it. The solution i am using works but takes a lot of time (~1 hr) .Please help me with an efficient way to do this. Lets say the input file is <Root> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a html tag and print the entire tag

I want to print from <fruits> to </fruits> tag which have <fruit> as mango. Also i want both <fruits> and </fruits> in output. Please help eg. <fruits> <fruit id="111">mango<fruit> . another 20 lines . </fruits> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashik409
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a tag and display a message if not found.

Hi All, I am working with a XML file. Below is part for the file. <Emp:Profile> <Emp:Description>Admin</Emp:Description> <Emp:Id>12347</Emp:Id> </Emp:Profile> <Emp:Profile> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Display multiple words into a single td tag

awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>"; for ( i=1;i<NF;i++) print " <td>" $I "</td>"; print "</tr>"} END{print " </table>"}' <file name > (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu1
6 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX