Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Get file on our windows desktop from a ubuntu server Post 302583813 by Spellbound on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 09:53:24 AM
Old 12-21-2011
How about Filezilla? I use it to upload/download files from my Windows box to my Unix box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to execute script from my desktop windows xp to my HPUX server?

Good day, i would like to get some advice, how will i execute my script in hp ux servers, and how to configure rsh and rexec. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. SCO

How to export file from terminal to Windows desktop

I have a file in Unix terminal under $, any command can make this file to be transferred to Windows desktop or C:\, I know that I can use software like FileZilla ftp to transfer file from Unix terminal to desktop. But I am really interested in using command to do this job. anyone knows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendyz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to Get Started on Ubuntu Desktop for the first time

Hello Everyone, I have been using RHEL from quite a while now on server system, but now i also want to use Linux as my Desktop/Laptop OS on my personal computer. So i downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 yeserday as i have read alot about it being the most popular Linux Desktop OS. So guys could you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Transfer of zipped folder from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi all, I'm a newbie to unix. My requirement is to create an automation script which will transfer a zipped folder from my/remote desktop to an unix server. Tools lik WinSCP shouldnt be used. No manual moving. I use putty to connect to server. I couldnt find any help on this topic. Should i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherin22
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp to get a file from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi, I want to use scp to upload file to my unix server. i am using this: scp D:\testr.txt unixuser@unixhost:/path it returns an error: ssh: D: host/servname not known i am not sure how to tell path of my D drive in the command and how will command understand it has to pick from my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kohli
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Installing latest Ubuntu on my desktop

I wish to install the latest ubuntu on my desktop. How do I go about doing this ? Also how do I create the superuser or admin once the installation is done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
3 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty

I have a requirement of following - 1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server 2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time 3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
12 Replies

10. IP Networking

Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server

I'm trying to setup a small home network environment as a pet project. These are physical machines nothing virtual. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. I can ping between both machines and I have Samba established and can read/write different shares. When I try to SSH from Windows 8.1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombardi4851
10 Replies
BBACKUPD(8)							    Box Backup							       BBACKUPD(8)

NAME
bbackupd - Box Backup client daemon SYNOPSIS
bbackupd [-DFkqvVT] [-c config-file] [-t tag] DESCRIPTION
bbackupd runs on client computers in the background, finding new files to back up. When it is time for a backup, bbackupd will connect to the server (bbstored) to upload the files. A running bbackupd daemon can be controlled with the bbackupctl command, to make it shut down, reload its configuration, or start an immediate backup. bbackupd needs to be configured to tell it which files to back up, how often, and to which server (running bbstored). See the Client Configuration page for more information. For this, you must write a configuration file. You must either place it in the default location, or tell bbackupd where to find it. You can check the default location with the -h option. The default on Unix systems is usually /etc/box/bbackupd.conf. On Windows systems, it is bbackupd.conf in the same directory where bbackupd.exe is located. If bbackupd cannot find or read the configuration file, it will log an error message and exit. bbackupd usually writes log messages to the system logs, using the facility local5, which you can use to filter them to send them to a separate file. It can also write them to the console, see options below. If bbackupd is not doing what you expect, please check the logs first of all. Options -c config-file Use the specified configuration file. If -c is omitted, the last argument is the configuration file. If none is specified, the default is used (see above). -D Debugging mode. Do not fork into the background (do not run as a daemon). Not available on Windows. -F No-fork mode. Same as -D for bbackupd. Not available on Windows. -k Keep console open after fork, keep writing log messages to it. Not available on Windows. -q Run more quietly. Reduce verbosity level by one. Available levels are NOTHING, FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, NOTICE, INFO, TRACE, EVERYTHING. Default level is NOTICE in non-debugging builds. Use once to drop to WARNING level, twice for ERROR level, four times for no logging at all. -v Run more verbosely. Increase verbosity level by one. Use once to raise to INFO level, twice for TRACE level, three times for EVERYTHING (currently the same as TRACE). -V Run at maximum verbosity (EVERYTHING level). -t tag Tag each console message with specified marker. Mainly useful in testing when running multiple daemons on the same console. -T Timestamp each line of console output. FILES
/etc/box/bbackupd.conf SEE ALSO
bbackupd.conf(5), bbackupd-config(8), bbackupctl(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBACKUPD(8)