Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To find the Ip address of the user who deleted files Post 302583720 by Abhinav Jaiswal on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 05:35:56 AM
Old 12-21-2011
unfortunately the timestamp i was looking for was not found in the audit file. Please suggest an alternate solution.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to find out how/when/who deleted particular dierectory on UNIX Aix3

Hi.. I am new to unix. And I am trying to learn more about admin part of it. We have come across a situation where one of the directory gets deleted everyday at 4:00 pm by some process. We are unable to find out what deletes that directory, seems like a automated job.. but there is nothing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipas
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help comparing 2 files to find deleted records

Hi, I need to compare todays file to yesterdays file to find deletes. I cannot use comm -23 file.old file.new. Because each record may have a small change in it but is not really a delete. I have two delimited files. the first field in each file is static. All other fields may change. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all files created by a specified user in a directory and its subdirectories

Is there a command or shell script which can be used for Finding all files created by a specified userid in a directory and its subdirectories. Say, I want to find all such files in directory /abc as well as in all the subdirectories such as /abc/xyz or /abc/xyz/pqr aqnd so on which was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
5 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Help Required: Command to find IP address and command executed of a user

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would figure out who has run which command and their IP. As i dont have any clue as to which commands would do this job, i request some gurus to help me on this. Thanks Vishwas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedout
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

6. AIX

Track deleted OS user accounts

Recently we've had a couple user accounts mysteriously disappear. Is there any way to track these accounts and determine who/how they were deleted? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sk0glund
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the user with less number of files in the system

Good morning everybody, I'm using Minix and I want to find the user with less number of files in the system I have tried this solution: #! /bin/sh indice=0 listaCut=$(cut -f 3 -d : /etc/passwd) for USER in $listaCut; do cont=0 listaFind=$(find / -user "${USER}" -type -f) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files for a user, excluding a directory

I have been searching, and cannot find an answer for this. I am trying to find all files for a user, lets call him (test001), and I want to exclude a specific directory. Here is the command I run, it finds all files: find / -user test001 I get this result: > find / -user test001 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2x4
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop over certain user directories and find files

Hello I have user directories that contain /temp directory. Example folders: /user1/temp/ /user2/temp/ /user3/temp/ How can i loop over all user directories and find all files only in their /temp folder? Thanks a lot for help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flavius42
3 Replies
DBF2MYSQL(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DBF2MYSQL(1)

NAME
dbf2mysql, mysql2dbf - convert between xBase and MySQL databases SYNOPSIS
dbf2mysql [-v[v]] [-f] [-u|-l] [-n] [-o field[,field]] [-e conversion-file] [-s old-name=new-name[,old-name=new-name]] [-i field[,field]] [-d database] [-t table] [-c[c]] [-p primary] [-h host] [-F] [-q] [-r] [-x] [-P password] [-U user] dbf-file mysql2dbf [-v[v]] [-u|-l] -d database -t table [-h host] [-q query] [-P password] [-U user] dbf-file DESCRIPTION
dbf2mysql takes an xBase file and sends queries to an MySQL server to insert it into an MySQL table. mysql2dbf dumps a MySQL table to a dbf file. OPTIONS
-v Produce some status output. -vv More verbose. -vvv Even more verbose: produce a progress report. -f Translate all field names in the xBase file to lowercase. -u Translate all text in the xBase file to uppercase. -l Translate all text in the xBase file to lowercase. -n Allow NULL fields: 'NOT NULL' will be not added in table creation statement. -o field[,field[,...]] List fields to insert into MySQL database. Primary use is to ease import of complex dbf files where we want only few fields. NOTE: -o is processed before substitution (-s), so you have to use dbf field names here. -e conversion-file Specify file for CHAR fields conversion. File format is: 1st line: number of characters to convert (number of lines). Further lines: <char_to_convert> <char_after_conversion>. -s old-name=new-name[,old-name=new-name[,...]] Takes a list of field name/new field name pairs. Primary use is to avoid conflicts between field names and MySQL reserved keywords. When the new field name is empty, the field is skipped in both the CREATE clause and the INSERT clauses, i.e. it will not be present in the MySQL table. For example: -s ORDER=HORDER,REMARKS=,STAT1=STATUS1 -i field[,field[,...]] List fields to be indexed. MySQL field names should be used here. -d database Select the database to insert into. Default is 'test'. -t table Select the table to insert into. Default is 'test'. -c[c] Create table if one doesn't exist already. If the table already exists, drop it and build a new one. The default is to insert all data into the named table. If -cc is specified, no records will be inserted. -p primary Select the primary key. You have to give the exact field name. -h host Select the host to insert into. Untested. -F Fixed length records. (By default CHAR is saved as VARCHAR.) -q dbf2mysql: "Quick" mode. Inserts data via temporary file using 'LOAD DATA INFILE' MySQL statement. This increased insertion speed on my PC 2-2.5 times. Also note that during whole 'LOAD DATA' affected table is locked. mysql2dbf: Specify custom query to use. -r Trim trailing and leading whitespace from CHAR type fields data. -x Start each table with _rec and _timestamp fields. -P password Specify password on the MySQL server. -U user Specify user on the MySQL server. BUGS
mysql2dbf can't write MEMO files at this time. Possibly incorrect field lengths for REAL numbers. AUTHORS
Originally written by Maarten Boekhold <boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.nl>, Oct 1995. Patched for MySQL by Michael Widenius <monty@analytikerna.se>, 3 Nov 1996. Manual page written for Debian GNU/Linux from README by Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>, Aug 1997; updated by Matej Vela <vela@debian.org>, Nov 2001. COPYRIGHT
Use this piece of software as you want, modify it to suit your needs, but please leave my name in place ok? :) DISCLAIMER
The authors do not accept any responsibility for possible damage you get as result of using this program. Debian Project 2001-11-18 DBF2MYSQL(1)