Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to execute the complete cmd - using find command Post 302583663 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 02:25:09 AM
Old 12-21-2011
Put it in a file and execute it .. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNable to find ping command

HI, I am new to unix. I have used some basic commands and written some simple shell scripts in teh past. Currently, I am supposed to write a script to continuosly check if a couple of machines are up and if not to start a script. I am using a bash - 2.03. I have tryying to use the ping command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swepaul
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute a complete url from crontab

Hi, I need to execute a URL through crontab. Please could you help me to. I need something like 15 0 * * * http://www.mysite.com/index.php. Is it possible. If not, how can I execute a script from another server.. Any help will be appritiatable. Many thanks, Nissar.P.K (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nissar
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Help! I'm unable to complete my registration

I have followed the instructions contained in my confirmation email and when I do I am referred here: https://www.unix.com/register.php?a=act&u=302021451&i=94824252. When I follow the instructions on that screen I am directed to the same error page. Please assist. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramiller01
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to find java command

Hi All, Am trying to start a server by using the startup shell script. But am getting java command not found. Can anyone guide me in which path i need to check for all the java commands and also how do i chk the version of java being installed on linux box? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to execute snap command

Hi Friends, I am not able to execute snap -a command in AIX 6 system. Could you please let me know how to make work this command and Path to be set. Thanks in Advance Siva. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
4 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to find crypt command

Hi Friends, I am not able to execute crypt in AIX OS. Could you pls let me know how to get this command. Thanks in Advance Siva. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to execute nohup cmd

Hi, nohup sar -u 10 $COUNT | awk 'NR>2 {$2=$4=$7="";}1' | tr -s ' ' '\t' 2>/dev/null >sar.out & i have execute above line from shell script .. but sar.out is created with ZERO bite size.. Help on that what is the problem here Thx, Mani (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet using port and execute cmd

Hi, my query is: I am Login on server with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.. and i want a script where i want to telnet to server with IP yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy using specific port and then execute a cmd there on server Y please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command using ssh server 'cmd'

Hi The command below does not work as it require to take command in the breakers But If I do so the variable values get lost ssh testserver01 'dsmc q b "${ARCHIVE_DIR}*" -sub=yes -querysummary -inactive -fromd="${BACKUP_DATE}"' Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command takes too long to complete

Hi, Below is my find command find /opt/app/websphere -name myfolder -perm -600 | wc -l At time it even takes 20 mins to complete. my OS is : SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5440 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX