Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir Post 302583659 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 02:20:00 AM
Old 12-21-2011
Hammer & Screwdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
Jayjan jay!! Don't use find with exec unless you have to do stuff inside the exec!

Replace with :
Code:
find $DIR -printf "%k\n" | awk '{sum+=$1}END{print sum}'

@otheus, My system doesnt support -printf option in find command .. Thats why used -exec .. Smilie
Code:
$ uname -sr
SunOS 5.9
$ find $DIR -printf "%k\n"
find: bad option -printf
find: path-list predicate-list
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the space

Hi everyone, I need to write a script to calculate the space for sub-folders under /home: Here is the scanrio: cd /home drwxr-xr-x 57 root root 8192 Jan 22 16:13 home_1 drwxrwxrwx 69 root root 8192 Jan 29 10:36 home_2 drwxr-xr-x 97 root root 8192 Nov... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: za_7565
8 Replies

2. AIX

find command - no subdirs

I am looking to delete files that are of a certain age with something like the following... find /directory -type f -mtime +14 | xargs rm ....however, I would like to only execute this on the current directory and not subdirectories. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp how to deal with space in path to dir?

OK I am trying to use something similar to this: #!/bin/sh echo "OK, starting now..." sftp -b /dev/fd/0 user@remotehost <<EOF cd pub ascii put filename.txt bye EOF only difference is the dir I need to cd to has a space in it like this /Import/Server/Prospect File ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

substrings from all files incl subdirs into csv with dir names

Greetings! I have multiple files, one per subdirectory, all with the same file name. All subdirectories are one level deep from the main directory. The data in the files is tab delimited between fields and record delimited with a newline. The subdirectory names have the date in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtischuk@yahoo.
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create dir in main &subdirs,perform action

Hi, I have one dir which has N subdirs.For ex: /home/user/Project_Src /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir2 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir3 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B/Build i want to create a folder with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot cd to dir with space

I have a script that I am trying to use. I need it to run from a certain directory. I have tried the following: SCRIPT_DIR=$PWD MYDIR="/filemount/files/Move Files" cd "$MYDIR" $SCRIPT_DIR/movefiles.bash I have tried to run it. but I always get "no such file or directory" from the script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Running a script in a sub dir with space in it

Hi I am trying to run a script in a sub-directory, that has one space on it: such as: /internaldisk1/Task Logs1, but my entry in cron is not working: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /internaldisk1/Task\ logs1/./remov_reject.sh > /var/tmp/interd_`date '+%Y%M%d'`.log 2>&1 Please can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies
KADU(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   KADU(1)

NAME
kadu-config - script to get information about the installed version of kadu SYNOPSIS
kadu-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec-prefix[=DIR]] [--version] [--libs] [--cflags] [--data-dir] [--modules-dir] [--qt-moc-dir] DESCRIPTION
kadu-config is a tool for retrieving the library/include paths kadu was compiled with. Useful for folks compiling their own Kadu modules outside the main source tree. kadu-config is based on xmms-config from the XMMS package. OPTIONS
kadu-config accepts the following options: --prefix[=DIR] If specified, use DIR instead of the installation prefix that kadu was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix[=DIR] If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that kadu was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --version Print the currently installed version of kadu on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link kadu to a program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program that uses kadu. --data-dir Print the directory that the kadu's icons, emoticons and sounds themes are installed in. --modules-dir Print the directory that the kadu's modules keep their description and data files. --qt-moc-dir Print the directory that the Qt's moc compiler is installed in. AUTHOR
kadu was written by Kadu Team (see /usr/share/kadu/doc/AUTHORS file for details). Copyright (C) 2007, 2008 Patryk Cisek <patryk@debian.org> This manual page was written by Patryk Cisek <patryk@debian.org> for the Debian project, based heavily on the xmms-config manual by Christopher Martin <chrsmrtn@debian.org> and may be used by others. This manual may be distributed under the terms of GPL license version 2, or (at your opinion) any later version. On Debian GNU/Linux system, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'. If you're not using Debian, you may also find full text of the license at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. KADU(1)